The TFF Classical Music Appreciation Society

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ah, Pavarotti's "Nessun Dorma" is beyond amazing.

I listen to a good bit of classical and baroque, with a smattering of the romantic composers thrown in. Not so big on the experimental 20th century stuff. Mozart's 40th symphony is a long-term favorite, especially the first movement.

Does musical theatre count as operatics?

I tend to like music I know I could perform with my voice if I wanted (not necessarily well)

So classical would the be obvious choral ones like messiah, mozart and faure requiems

I am a Gustav Holst & Richard Wagner person

Loud and uplifting.....especially when doing housework or blocking the constant barking from next door's Bassett Hound

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and Holst's The Planets......cannot be beaten.....absolutely sublime at high volume :)

I am a Gustav Holst & Richard Wagner person

Loud and uplifting.....especially when doing housework or blocking the constant barking from next door's Bassett Hound

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and Holst's The Planets......cannot be beaten.....absolutely sublime at high volume :)

Tchaikovsky's 1812?

I play the euphonium, and a couple of years ago I was asked to guest solo with the local orchestra on "Mars, the Bringer of War." Devilishly difficult and so, so fun!

But for listening, when it comes to Holst, I very much prefer his Suites for Military Band. The man loved the euphonium, and the feeling is almost universally mutual. :) :) :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back