The Start Orf A New Begining!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I tend to leave lights off for 1 hour and feed the following day. A lot of this is a jugement call. If they are stressed, leave things longer :good:

Quick update I have been testing every hour since i got them and the Nitrite is still 0, though my ammonia test is now finished so I am not sure what that is at the mo! I will order a new kit early next week when I get paid! So I will try and get to the fish shop once a day to get ammonia tested as its either 50p or free depending on who I see! so a couple of quid aint too bad!! But I am going to use Nitrite as a kind of warning facility at this stage!!

All fish seem to be doing ok! they are starting to move to th middle of the tank now! How long should i leave these guys on there own before I would contemplate shrimp? I was thinking 2-4 weeks to get the filter a bit more matture then I should be ok to go ahead and add the little critters!!

Well lost three over night! NO NEED!! So down to seven 6 seem to be doing really well with one looking a little lost but ok! Just fed them and they didnt want to leave the bottom for a bit but as soon as those flakes started dropping slightly well all hell broke loose!!

Keep an eye on the one that's shying away. Any signs that he's lost/loosing colour? What did the bodies look like?

thay looked really nothing I could see with my eyes! The 7 left are all ok now it appears, still no Ammonia or Nitrite readings I will test Nitarte shortly to see if the process is continueing!

Looking OK for the time being then. I'd just be a bit edgy about the one that's shying away for the moment... Probibly nothing, other than stress, but it's worth watching closely for signs of trouble :good:

Hi guys well just lost another this one appeared to have no tail fin and the back portion of the fish was slighlty white?????

Not sure about this! And another has started to keep out of the group, I have noticed that one in particular is very nippy and is having a go at the others though they are in a group of 6.

I have kept the fish I have just taken out and will see how we go tonight. I will then go back tot he shop to see the tank they were in and see what the others were like, I will then see if they are willing to replace a few as I do want tot keep the number of up so that they feel safer! We will wait and see!

Also I have checked the water and all is well 0 Ammonia and Nitrite, 5-10 Nitrate, 7.4 PH couldnt ask for better water I would say!!

I can only assume so at this stage because there was a very rapid decline they all appeared fine to me!

I would mebe consider an Anit-bacterial med if you are fairly certain that it was the off colour and shy one :nod: They can be signs of internal bacteria. It's not a good idea if it was one of the others though, as Internal Bacteria products that work tend to knock immature filters for six.... Dosing them at this stage needs to be done carefully. Slight overdoses could undo your hard word :sad:

All the best
rabbut

Roger I will see how the night goes!! Hopefully no more losses!

Well night time is upon me and the new little ones!! :good:

I hope they all survive, they seem to be doing ok but I guess with me saying that I am cursing them all!!!

Well I will update in the morning! Good night to all!! :shout:

Morning all well I did put a curse on them!! One gone and another seems to be losing its colour!! So I am keeping a very close eye on them!! I will be ringing the LFS this morning to give them a heads up about it all to see if they will at least replace some of the fishes maybe not now but a bit later when hopefully these 5 (but more than likely 4) are in there for a while!! Or should I see if they will replace a few now to keep the numbers up?

Just my luck all this been so long and now they just wont live!! Perhaps I should stick clear of the Neons/Cardinals for now! BUT I do like them so!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back