The re-scape journal (found a great deal on river rocks!!!)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

What plants are you planning??? Some nerites would be tons of fun! I absolutely adore mine, especially my red onion and my olive.

AHHHH Rocky I love it!!! AWESOME find on those rocks!!!
Thank you! And thanks again! That was a crazy deal with the rocks!
What plants are you planning??? Some nerites would be tons of fun! I absolutely adore mine, especially my red onion and my olive.
More java ferns, lotus plants, and bigger anubias plants! Yah I want to get a few nerites and maybe a few amanos as well... I want to wait a few months though now on any new animals because of me taking out most of the rocks and possibly removing their food sources... I have one dragon rock still in the tank because there is eggs in there from the gudgeons... Of course it had to be the biggest one 😅

Thank you! And thanks again! That was a crazy deal with the rocks!

More java ferns, lotus plants, and bigger anubias plants! Yah I want to get a few nerites and maybe a few amanos as well... I want to wait a few months though now on any new animals because of me taking out most of the rocks and possibly removing their food sources... I have one dragon rock still in the tank because there is eggs in there from the gudgeons... Of course it had to be the biggest one 😅
Ooooo. Yourfishstuff has awesome selection of anubias for incredible prices, I highly recommend them! Have you considered a stem plant to fill out the background a bit?

You did all that while the fish had eggs!
Yes, I kept the eggs in the same area the fish were kept the whole time and then moved it back... I swore to myself that even if they laid eggs I would re-scape because there is no way I'm waiting for them to hatch and THEN have them lay more eggs to wait again... People say that peacock gudgeons will take a week or two break from breeding... Mine take a one to two day break 😂... Well, I hope.these eggs live but if not they will lay more... Maybe thats cruel of me to say but seriously I don't have time for caring for eggs at the moment cause I'm not trying to breed them. If they hatch they hatch... I was super careful with moving the rock around though.
Looks nice!
Thank you!
Ooooo. Yourfishstuff has awesome selection of anubias for incredible prices, I highly recommend them! Have you considered a stem plant to fill out the background a bit?
Ive heard of them and seen them before but its been a while since looking... I will check the store, thank you! Although I found a pack of three medium to large sized anubias for $30 on etsy...

I may look into some plants for the back. I was thinking maybe some vals or more java ferns...

Its a little less blurry now! Hopefully you can see the rock formation a but better
0417222119.jpg

What filter have you running on this tank
Its an Aquaclear 30...

I just tested the water out of curiosity before going to bed and the ammonia is at 0.50!!! I cannot do a water change this late at night so I added in the API aqua essentials for a quick solution at the moment... Tomorrow I will see if I can get the water changed... The reason there was an ammonia spike was due to me kicking up all the stuff from the substrate... It should settle and the bacteria will handle it BUT I am not going to think that will just happen... So if I must, I will do a WC... In the meantime I can't because its like 9:30pm and also I need to go to bed... But I will probably be on the fish forums lol...

Its an Aquaclear 30...

I just tested the water out of curiosity before going to bed and the ammonia is at 0.50!!! I cannot do a water change this late at night so I added in the API aqua essentials for a quick solution at the moment... Tomorrow I will see if I can get the water changed... The reason there was an ammonia spike was due to me kicking up all the stuff from the substrate... It should settle and the bacteria will handle it BUT I am not going to think that will just happen... So if I must, I will do a WC... In the meantime I can't because its like 9:30pm and also I need to go to bed... But I will probably be on the fish forums lol...
oouch!

Yuuuuup... Exactly what I thought to... The fish seem to be doing great but I'm not sure... Their like little tanks. I'm going to hope for the best at the moment and try to take serious action tomorrow... At the moment I will just worry my head off 😳

Yuuuuup... Exactly what I thought to... The fish seem to be doing great but I'm not sure... Their like little tanks. I'm going to hope for the best at the moment and try to take serious action tomorrow... At the moment I will just worry my head off 😳
I'm surprised you haven't done something to fix your Ammonia spike considering you know how deadly it is, and you went to all that effort to cycle your tank so this wouldn't happen.

I'm surprised you haven't done something to fix your Ammonia spike considering you know how deadly it is, and you went to all that effort to cycle your tank so this wouldn't happen.
I did a temporary fix... My parents were not going to let me do a water change at 9:30PM and after today I am exausted... I seriously wouldn't have had the strength to do it then. Tomorrow I will test the water and see if it needs a water change... I pray it won't but if it does it does

Most reactions

Back