The re-scape journal (found a great deal on river rocks!!!)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So this will be the journal thread of my re-scape to share progress. Nothing has been changed in the tank YET but yesterday and today we were out and got some supplies for the re-scape... Yesterday I got some gorilla super gel glue. Its aquarium safe, dont worry... Then today we went to Lowes and petsmart... I wanted to find a cheap bag of river rocks (cause I wasnt going to be using all the rocks in the bag) and I went there and saw an opened bag of grey river rocks with almost half the rocks missing. My mom and I brought it to the attention of the worker and asked if they do discounts on damaged products. She said YAH! And then marked it down from $12 to 50 CENTS! Amazing deal! Then we went to pet smart and I saw an amazing piece of wood that was small... So I got that as well for about $10. So its a really good day! Cant wait to get this tank re-done! I will share pics of the rocks and wood when I can...

cool! i can't wait
big box stores are the best place to buy aquascaping rocks
i got sand, river rock, lava rock, and i found some other rocks there
they let you take the stuff that falls out

they let you take the stuff that falls out
Super cool! There was a bunch of it on the floor at the store from when the bag spilt but there was still a lot in the bag that would fill up the tank nicely... I will keep that in mind with the rocks on the floor though! If I ever see some small one I may just ask if I can pocket a few lol... How should I clean these? Just a small vinegar scrub?
cool! i can't wait
big box stores are the best place to buy aquascaping rocks
Thanks! I cant wait to see it when its done as well lol. And I agree, large stores like Wal-Mart, Lowe's, and Home Depot have really good rocks for aquascaping....

Super cool! There was a bunch of it on the floor at the store from when the bag spilt but there was still a lot in the bag that would fill up the tank nicely... I will keep that in mind with the rocks on the floor though! If I ever see some small one I may just ask if I can pocket a few lol... How should I clean these? Just a small vinegar scrub?

Thanks! I cant wait to see it when its done as well lol. And I agree, large stores like Wal-Mart, Lowe's, and Home Depot have really good rocks for aquascaping....
i don't really use vinegar but i'm sure that won't hurt. i think you can use vinegar to test stuff like limestone. i pick limestone to naturally raise ph
i just use a scrub

yes, they just need more washing
all the hardscape in my tank is from HOme depot

All the bags of landscaping rock I’ve ever used I just give em a solid rinse, till the water runs clear. Then I add them in.

i don't really use vinegar but i'm sure that won't hurt. i think you can use vinegar to test stuff like limestone. i pick limestone to naturally raise ph
i just use a scrub

yes, they just need more washing
all the hardscape in my tank is from HOme depot
I may give them a small soak in some vinegar water to be safe and then a soak in dechlorinated tap water

Super cool update! Today I did a very large water change and was able to vacuum the substrate and add to the substrate! As I had all the fish and decor out I was just like: "Ya know @OliveFish05 was right. While everything is out I should just put in all the new rocks and wood"... So thats what I did. The fish SURVIVED @itiwhetu and @wasmewasntit AND they are already showing that they like it. As soon as i put them in the tank they colored right back up and started doing their normal little darting. I would share pics but its super cloudy, so I will show some either later tonight or tomorrow. The only other thing I need to do is ADD MORE PLANTS!!! And maybe I will even get some nerites soon @StripySnailGirl04...

Super cool update! Today I did a very large water change and was able to vacuum the substrate and add to the substrate! As I had all the fish and decor out I was just like: "Ya know @OliveFish05 was right. While everything is out I should just put in all the new rocks and wood"... So thats what I did. The fish SURVIVED @itiwhetu and @wasmewasntit AND they are already showing that they like it. As soon as i put them in the tank they colored right back up and started doing their normal little darting. I would share pics but its super cloudy, so I will show some either later tonight or tomorrow. The only other thing I need to do is ADD MORE PLANTS!!! And maybe I will even get some nerites soon @StripySnailGirl04...
you have any:kewlpics:???

I'm pleased you are enjoying your hobby and doing what you want to do. I don't really care what you do with your tank, you can do what you like. I only commented on your thread as I thought you were looking for advice. My advice would still be the same as my previous posts on this thread.

I'm pleased you are enjoying your hobby and doing what you want to do. I don't really care what you do with your tank, you can do what you like. I only commented on your thread as I thought you were looking for advice. My advice would still be the same as my previous posts on this thread.
I know... Its just sometimes the way you.come across can seem... Arrogant to me I guess... So I get a little upset sometimes

Still a little cloudy and the wood on the far right needs to be re-adjusted just a teensy bit... I also have a piece of airline that somehow got in the tank in the back... I actually do kinda like it but sense the tank was cloudy while putting the stuff in, it was kinda a blind scape cause I didnt know how it was looking as putting the stuff in...
0417221907.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back