The Official "hey Lovelies" Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fintastic! said:
Hey Lovelies!
My laptop has a virus so is in the shop so I've managed to get on Dads so I can check in with you Lovelies. Wonder how Hammy is faring? Oh to be a fly on the wall......
Now that The Walking Dead is done I'm wondering what box set to get my teeth into next. Well, next after Dexter......... I hear the Wire is good, any opinions?
My little pleco is out on the glass more often, probably because he's hungry.I'v tried all sorts of ways to feed the poor fella his algae wafers but the rest of them are all over them, even at night and he scoots off to hide.
Going to see Oblivion tomorrow night. Not too hopeful if Jack Reacher was anything to go by!
Hope all well with you Lovelies. Later!
wink.png
it was a rough time.. I did not throw up this trip, had a close call but did keep it together.. I did pass out yesterday.. Was standing at the loo when I felt the world closing in.. I managed to has a seat before total darkness.. That was a lil scary..

Learned a few lessons on this trip.. Some thangs will never be repeated like inwiting STEVE.. STEVE is a bag of vinegar and water..

Just going to vacation with the family from now on..

Glad I went, yet glad to be home.

Hey Lovelies!

Glad you made it back yo.  Usually if you're glad you went but still glad to be home it means you had a good vacation.  Vacations with family are the best ones I've ever had.  I still wanna go to Disney, Universal Studios, etc. just to see my son & wife have a good time.

Hey Lovelies!!!

First day back at work.. Had a wery busy day.. Started off light with a couple automated o-scopes, then jumped right into it with a curve tracer..

Has aboot two hours inwested.. Probably need another four tomorrow..

I need to do water changes on my tanks.. I will start them tomorrow..

Ugh... I'm fighting some Staghorn algae in my 40g breeder tank for awhile now and after I did my waterchange on Tuesday, I never plugged the filter or pump back on and never noticed it because the tank isn't lit right now.  I saw it just before going to work last night so now I gotta tear the filter apart to get the kuhli loach out I saw in the hose and do an emerg water change when I wake up

Thanks for the TV tips Ruskull, Definately worth a look!
Great to have you back Hammy, glad all went well and you're still in one piece!
Rain here today Lovelies. I'm bored, kids are bored, dog won't go out in the rain. You get the pic.....

Hey Lovelies!!!!

Just finished with my water changes.. Did all my tanks, only took a lil over an hour.. My sex farm was probably the dirtiest..

All my fish are doing well... I decided to put a female fry into my 37 gallon.. I thought she was big enough.. well she ended up as a meal.. Oh well..

Doing the emerg WC on the 40g breeder now, I found my black kuhli he manged to get pasted the mechanical media somehow, but unfortunately I did find 4 regular kuhlis as well but they didnt make it. 

I really need to find a way to make the intakes efficient for filtering, and kuhli proof

You could try using the small mesh filter media bags.  That's what I did when I had fry in the tank.  Just take one of the smallest sized bags you can find & put it over the intake with a rubber band to secure.

Hey lovelies!!

Spose'd to rain up in here round 3:30. Better paint my 2 mailboxes for the day in the next half hour or so. Then ill relax and watch the braves game and do 2 MUCH NEEDED water changes. I've been too busy and I think it's been 4-5 weeks :/ I have literally had maybe an hour of relaxation time this month other than spring break, but we went away.

phantomlink said:
Doing the emerg WC on the 40g breeder now, I found my black kuhli he manged to get pasted the mechanical media somehow, but unfortunately I did find 4 regular kuhlis as well but they didnt make it. 

I really need to find a way to make the intakes efficient for filtering, and kuhli proof
I put a sponge on the intake of my hob filter..

you can see the sponge in this pic..

Yup, the sponge trick also works.

Man of fish said:
Hey lovelies!!

Spose'd to rain up in here round 3:30. Better paint my 2 mailboxes for the day in the next half hour or so. Then ill relax and watch the braves game and do 2 MUCH NEEDED water changes. I've been too busy and I think it's been 4-5 weeks
confused.gif
I have literally had maybe an hour of relaxation time this month other than spring break, but we went away.

Wow, better get to changing that water!  Worst I've done is 2½ weeks..........and then I did at least a 50%.

Hey Lovelies!!!

My wife came home today!! Hasn't seen her in over a week.. Whilst I was tearing up Amsterdam, she went on a cruise with my mama..

Whilst on her cruise she put a deposit down for another cruise.. Not in 2014, but looks like 2015 we will all go on a cruise to Alasker.. Leaving from Seattle, and coming back into Seattle.. I know it's a couple years off, but it's good to start saving..

The diesel died today, more specifically the turbo, and brakes.. Not four thousand miles ago, back in Feb guess what kind of work I had done on the diesel.. If you guessed a new turbo fan and brakes, you'd be correct.. Shouldn't cost me a dime, should be a warranty repair..

Hey lovelies!

Got that maintenance done, and I rearranged Betta-opolis, or I guess I should just call it "the 10 gallon" now, as I only have shrimp and 1-2 kuhlis in there. I think 2, but I wish none. I saved them from a friend. Here's how it looks now.

Now the task of what to stock it with. I'd love a small shoal, then a centerpiece again, but idk if I wanna get another Betta, but yet I do :/ only requirement is shrimp safe ATM, and I think I'm going to try to rehome the current kuhlis I feel bad for them though :( I wish I could sufficiently keep a group but I think they were stressing my last bettas a lot.

Can kuhlis be in a 10 gallon?
Thought they needed a 20 to accommodate their long bods.

Its possible to have them in a 10 gallon if you decorate it well with plants or hiding spots.  They do have long bodies but they dont really get big, some species do but not a majority of the ones you find at the store.

I've tried the mesh stocking over the intake before but it really cuts down on my filtration.  All I have left I believe are the black kuhlis all my regular orange/black stripe ones have died I believe after living in the filter for awhile.  I'll need to take special care on waterchange days and see if anymore pop by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back