FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Anyone else keep kubotai rasboras? Such bright little jewels.
I got 8 in my nano tank and i adore their feisty little attitude.

received_3416031668425238.jpeg
received_246732246365024.jpeg
received_666638290831875.jpeg
received_244989796634394.jpeg

I love little fish :wub: they look like ember tetras only yellowish green. Very cute!
And a touch smaller than ember tetras too! Only, unlike the tetras these guys literally never sit still. Just go go go go go with them. Not just chill in one spot when content. No such thing haha
They nearly put danios to shame with their activity level

Yes, my embers do just sit there even in formation some times. These little guys sound like they need their own tank:fish:

Yes, my embers do just sit there even in formation some times. These little guys sound like they need their own tank:fish:
Theyd do awesome on their own!
Mine are in a 10g with 3 sparkling gourami and 10 corydoras pygmaeus. The kubos are the main upper level fish. They spend a lot of time mid to top level. Fast and love their foods.

They dont bother the sparklers and the sparklers mostly leave them alone (i did have one nasty aggressive male who attacked the other male sparkler, the cories, and the kubos and he was rehomed to keep peace)

So they would probably do well in a 30 gallon tall? Do you know if they can be with shrimp?
Oh definitely would do good in a 30. Theyre supposedly shrimp safe, and tbh theyre smaller than female cherry shrimp... though they could potentially eat shrimplets. I do know these guys struggle to eat the omega one mysis shrimp, if that says anything. I still have to crush the micropellet bug bites into a powder for them to eat.

They stay around 3/4" long. Theyre considered a microrasbora. Could be housed as a species only in a 5g, or in a nano community.

This is the set up these ones are in. They do better in planted set ups. Despite their size they can take a bit of a current too.
20200324_202251.jpg

I have ghost shrimp so they are a little larger, I had guppies in with them until the guppies over ran the tank with fry and I moved them to a different tank. I like to have floating plants too.This is my shrimp tank. I have the back uncovered on sunny days because it is also my plant growing tank.

Attachments

• GEDC1197.JPG
    GEDC1197.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I have ghost shrimp so they are a little larger, I had guppies in with them until the guppies over ran the tank with fry and I moved them to a different tank. I like to have floating plants too.
Oh yeah then if theyre ghost shrimp you are more than safe with them. I keep a couple of ghost shrimp with my larger fish without issues (my largest "predators" would be my dwarf gouramis and mollies)

Id like to say ive ever seen these little guys, sadly all my LFS carry pretty much just your average fish, neons, mollies, guppys, goldfish and some cichlids, its sad really and i cant bring myself to pay 30 bucks for shipping.
Cool fish!

Id like to say ive ever seen these little guys, sadly all my LFS carry pretty much just your average fish, neons, mollies, guppys, goldfish and some cichlids, its sad really and i cant bring myself to pay 30 bucks for shipping.
Cool fish!
I had to order these guys myself and i waited quite a bit for them to come into stock... they then got sold out in a week.

They were a dream fish of mine too.

I had to order these guys myself and i waited quite a bit for them to come into stock... they then got sold out in a week.

They were a dream fish of mine too.
Where did you purchase them and what was shipping if you dont mind me asking. Ive never purchased fish online just plants but its something im open to especially since finding fish where i live is sketchy at best.

In the UK I've seen them sold as neon green rasboras and green tetras.

I had some several years ago; they shared a tank with ember tetras and I loved the contrast in colours. I got mine before they became popular. I found the last four in one shop which wouldn't order any more so I had to get another shop to order more for me. Then when they phoned to say they'd arrived, I found the wholesaler had sent Boraras brigittae (the invoice even said they were Microdevario kubotai). I finally got my kubotai on the re-order.
They do look washed out in shop tanks, but once they settle in they turn green like NCaquatics' photos.

Where did you purchase them and what was shipping if you dont mind me asking. Ive never purchased fish online just plants but its something im open to especially since finding fish where i live is sketchy at best.
I am in Canada, so i really only have 2 sources to order fish online. Shipping was about $20 for 1 day shipping.

I ordered from Angel Fins.

Ohhhh these fish. All of them is so common can be seen in all of river in my country, Thailand.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back