The Jewels in the Crown

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Oh dear, I've done it again, I went to get fish food and came back with a load of plants and a pair of jewel cichlids. :) I just cannot go into my lfs without coming out with a new addition to my tanks. :rolleyes: I only went in to get some fish food and when I saw that he had a new load of plants in, I thought to myself, well, why not. I'm not a fan of artifical plants and have been wanting to add a few hardy ones to my cichlid tank. Whilst I was browsing in the plants, I saw them and it was :wub: :wub: at first sight - a pair of Jewel Cichlids actually telling me to buy them - they were following me around and came right up to the glass when I went to look at them. Well, tell me, how could I not buy them. I got them home and floated them in their little bag while I sorted out the plants in the tank. When I eventually let them loose, they made themselves quite at home. The other tank mates came out to greet their new friends and then went about their business, nibling at the new plants. The Jewels have been in the tank a day now and they've coloured up nicely and seem really pleased to be in a big tank instead of the little one at the lfs. I've supplied my cichlids with a first class salad bar and I can see that they really enjoy nibbling - I just hope that they'll leave something to grow :nod: :)

isn't that the way it always is? good luck with the new fish and salad bar! love jewels. they are one of my favorites.

semper fi

Are they a male and female? They get such great coloring when breeding.

I'm hoping that I have a male and female - my lfs claims that they are. One is slightly smaller than the other but they have both coloured up now. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Most reactions

Back