The Infinity Tank Project

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
What a mad idea!!!! Your a pure tripper man :fun: Love it!!!
I think you should do that to your big discus tank too ;)
Discus as far as the eye can see!!! :yahoo:
That would be cool, but I don't think I know enough swear words to try and fix that much mirror film to the glass!
laugh.gif

Thanks guys. I spotted some bright pink Danios today, that might work well, but I was busy with other stuff so couldn't buy them as I couldn't come straight home. The Red Eyes are in my main tank now, and I they look good swimming around in a tight school, so will leave them there.

This looks really great, would be good to sit and Reflect on this awesome Idea....What made you think of it?

This looks really great, would be good to sit and Reflect on this awesome Idea....What made you think of it?

Good pun!
laugh.gif
........ I can't actually remember how I thought of it. I had the idea ages ago, but took forever to get around to it. It was when I realized that I could get stick on film that it made it a lot simpler and cheaper to do. Also if it didn't work I could have just taken the film off and nothing would have been lost. Might do a bigger one, if I can find space for it!
crazy.gif

did you use 4 pieces for just wrap one piece around?

Wonder what would happen if you put a male Betta in there? :blink:

did you use 4 pieces for just wrap one piece around?

Wonder what would happen if you put a male Betta in there? :blink:

It's 2 sheets, one on the back, and then one wrapped around the front and two sides. The tank is one of those with formed from corners, so it is seamless on the front corners. I think a Betta would spend all day beating his head against the glass
laugh.gif

One effect that I didn't point out, that is actually quite cool. Because the film has a tint to it, when the tank lights are off and the room lights are on the whole tank turns jet black. I have it in my kitchen, so it looks like some weird and cool looking kitchen appliance, and not like a fish tank
cool.gif

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 118
One effect that I didn't point out, that is actually quite cool. Because the film has a tint to it, when the tank lights are off and the room lights are on the whole tank turns jet black. I have it in my kitchen, so it looks like some weird and cool looking kitchen appliance, and not like a fish tank
cool.gif

Whoa that is weird!

Looking forward to seeing fish in there.

cool.gif
Ha!! Is it a microwave?..... small oven?..... no its a fish tank :lol:

Just ended with a mix.....but loving it all the same
wub.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 154
Looks great!

I've had a mirrored back on my 48-gallon aquarium for decades and have recommended it as a background. I also have a bubble wall in front of my background in the middle and it softens the illusion. I've had many tetras and other fish attracted to their reflection. Rummy-nose tetras would swim back and forth across the back of the tank. And it lets you have twice as many fish as your tank can hold! Sometimes, it looks like I have 16 cories! It also allows you to aquascape the tank differently, as you can see behind everything.

Taking photos is a problem for me. You get room lights or yourself in the reflection, or if you use the flash you get a burst of light.

I think it is the best type of background you can have!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back