The Infinity Tank Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That is an amazinig idea...patent it, sell it, make a million...

w00t.gif
Share it with you!
friends.gif
My useless video camera doesn't actually do it justice to be fair. Also once I get the lighting correct it should be even better, but I was doing it on the cheap so used an old 36 watt unit I already had kicking about. It needs 4 x T5 tubes I think. I'll sort it in a few weeks when I get back from work, and post an update. Cheers

Great job on this! I was actually thinking the exact same thing right when I stumbled onto this thread. :D

Great job on this! I was actually thinking the exact same thing right when I stumbled onto this thread. :D

Thanks. I am desperate to get back home and improve it. I am certain if I really up the wattage of the lights it will be so much better. Go for it and do one too......we can work out the best ideas together
good.gif

Thanks. I am desperate to get back home and improve it. I am certain if I really up the wattage of the lights it will be so much better. Go for it and do one too......we can work out the best ideas together
good.gif

I would if I had the money! XD I just spent $60 on plants and another $30 on the basic essentials. Plus I just bought this 10g tank in May so its pretty new. :)

good.gif

I would if I had the money! XD I just spent $60 on plants and another $30 on the basic essentials. Plus I just bought this 10g tank in May so its pretty new. :)

nugget.gif
Ouch.... I did this project on the cheap, just to see if it worked. I think I only spent around $40 all in, as most of the stuff I already had laying around the house. Now I know it works I will spend some cash on improving it, but it has to wait until the end of this month as I am away at work just now
sad.gif

good.gif

nugget.gif
Ouch.... I did this project on the cheap, just to see if it worked. I think I only spent around $40 all in, as most of the stuff I already had laying around the house. Now I know it works I will spend some cash on improving it, but it has to wait until the end of this month as I am away at work just now
sad.gif

Yeah, I would have to buy all that stuff. I may try this is the future though! It is an awesome idea. :D

I had my doubts that this would work once the fish were in (thought the hardscape did the idea justice) but I was wrong! With enough fish that 'infinity' look is really working. A handful of fish would've been naff as you could easily spot the reflections, but the numbers you have confuse the eye just enough to think there's loads of fish in there.

I had my doubts that this would work once the fish were in (thought the hardscape did the idea justice) but I was wrong! With enough fish that 'infinity' look is really working. A handful of fish would've been naff as you could easily spot the reflections, but the numbers you have confuse the eye just enough to think there's loads of fish in there.

Me too, to be honest mate. I am desperate to get back home and take this to the next level. I can't get it out of my head now, and have some great ideas to make it really good. The pics and video are no where near how it looks to the eye, even at this point. I am sure that with strong lights and the right scape it will be so much better. I am thinking about 4 x T5 bulbs, but with one being a UV Black Light, so it will extend the whites. Still not sure on the best fish? Need to be small school fish. Maybe Harlequins?? Am open to ideas. Any help will be really appreciated
good.gif

An update on this one. I planted it out and it really works. It looks like the plants go as far as the eye can see. Now I need to workout the best fish to finish it off. It is really difficult to capture the full effect on my rubbish camera as it loses so much of the reflection(I think the camera can't take in enough light), but here's a couple of shots anyway....

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 152
I just changed the light unit so that it is running 2 x T8 tubes, and it has added even more depth......looks like a tunnel now
cool1.gif

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 138
What a mad idea!!!! Your a pure tripper man :fun: Love it!!!
I think you should do that to your big discus tank too ;)
Discus as far as the eye can see!!! :yahoo:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back