The Infinity Tank Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks great!

I've had a mirrored back on my 48-gallon aquarium for decades and have recommended it as a background. I also have a bubble wall in front of my background in the middle and it softens the illusion. I've had many tetras and other fish attracted to their reflection. Rummy-nose tetras would swim back and forth across the back of the tank. And it lets you have twice as many fish as your tank can hold! Sometimes, it looks like I have 16 cories! It also allows you to aquascape the tank differently, as you can see behind everything.

Taking photos is a problem for me. You get room lights or yourself in the reflection, or if you use the flash you get a burst of light.

I think it is the best type of background you can have!
Bubble wall and mirror sounds a great idea, would stop too much reflection. There is some mileage in these ideas for sure. When I have the time and inclination, I will give it more thought and take it to another level
good.gif

Hard to get a photo of the bubble wall, but this is my tank....

(I always have trouble attaching my photos...I have to make them so small)

I love having the mirrored background. My aquarium actually came with it. It is a 6-sided Oceanic aquarium. (Kind of like a rectangle with the corners beveled when you look at it from above.

Good luck with your tank!
Mark

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 121
Sweet tank my man! And I hear you about attaching photos. I haven't worked out how to do it without compressing them so much that they look blurred. There must be a way, as I have seen some really clear pics on here.
unsure.gif

Guess it just takes reading the directions! Now I have to work on taking better photos....

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Just create a Photobucket account, load the photos in an album, copy the IMG code and paste it in the text box!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back