The Horror Betta's Life!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Dear Friends.

As some of you will know I bought 2 Female Bettas today. There picture is in the post "VT or not VT".
Anyway I didn't wanna bring this to forum but after thinking it over most of the day I thought it was only right to show what Pet Stores are capable of!

Today started as normal, Went to town for afew bits and bobs for my new home and I decided to call in the Pet Store in town.
Anyway when I went to the Aquatics area I saw somthing more disgusting then I had ever seen!

Not only was the Bettas in cups! BUT!
The cups were a size I didn't believe at first!

I have included some pics to compare the cup to other objects found around the home!

I know stealing is wrong but I had to take one of the cups are proof!

When I spoke to store manager he said "So what they will either sell or be dead soon so we won't have to worry"

Pics:

Ahole. Report him to the local council. I did that with a shop that was close to me. Apparently you have to speak to the people that give the pet shop's their licence. x

That is terrible.
I'm really tired of seeing perfectly innocent Bettas in tiny cups, with dirty little water! :angry:
Ugh, it's so horrible.
I mean, petstores are gonna lose money; 'cause nobody's going to want a Betta in that condition.
If they gave them nice big containers/bowls with clean water, then people would buy them=MORE money for the store.
Ugh it's so wrong; no Betta deserves to live in that.
Ahh I wish I could rescue them all<3 :wub:

Already done.
My mums the head of the local council ^.^
So she has already got onto ppl to have a arranged inspection and the cup I "Borrowed" will only back it up!
They inspection will be tommrow due to "Animal Abuse" when I was there they had 25 of the cups I would of got more but I haven't got the room!
I got the two I thought I could save.

I don't think they will sell 25 by tommrow
around 6 of the cups were dead >.<

Glad they're getting inspected. :)
Maybe it'll knock some sense into them!

That is shocking. I couldn't imagine a betta actually fitting in that thing. I am glad the council is chasing it up. I recently reported an lfs to the council under the Pet Animals Act 1951. They have to adhere to this act to keep their licence.

The comment "So what they will either sell or be dead soon so we won't have to worry" is not only disgusting but makes no business sense. If they keep bettas in a condition in which they will die, they may as well not stock bettas and save themselves some money.

Ahole????? Yep defo an AHOLE :lol: , good for you for getting the evidence, what did you do with the betta that was in it? only curious!!
and good for your mum stepping in to get things rolling, i did this a while ago and the shop i reported eventually stopped selling bettas, thank the lord.

The comment "So what they will either sell or be dead soon so we won't have to worry" is not only disgusting but makes no business sense. If they keep bettas in a condition in which they will die, they may as well not stock bettas and save themselves some money.

Is that really what they said? Wow, what an idiotic comment. I mean I understand that they can't give 2 gallon or so tanks per betta they sell due to space and all, but I mean...a stupid comment like that just shows the direction that shop is going in.

Ahole????? Yep defo an AHOLE :lol: , good for you for getting the evidence, what did you do with the betta that was in it? only curious!!
and good for your mum stepping in to get things rolling, i did this a while ago and the shop i reported eventually stopped selling bettas, thank the lord.

bought her

you betta people are so hardcore, gettin the gov't involed and what not..

OMG! That's horrible!! That's so incredibly cruel! I really wish we could do something about all those fish abusers out there! It's so unfair!

As was mentioned, you can do something about them. (S)he reported them to the council

Most reactions

Back