The Horror Betta's Life!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I think the worst of all the places that does that is Petsmart, because like someone else said earlier on,they stack them.I would like to know how they breath,I mean since they are stacked,It would be very hard to breath since they can only put holes in the lids......I feel so sorry for the betta.If I do get to start running my own store,I wont EVER do that.( I am currently trying to get enough money to start running my own fish store.
:hyper: P.S. I am really happy that all these people are standing up for the betta,I see so many of them in those horible little cups,it's good to finally know that someone is standing up for the poor creatures :good:

I think the worst of all the places that does that is Petsmart, because like someone else said earlier on,they stack them.I would like to know how they breath,I mean since they are stacked,It would be very hard to breath since they can only put holes in the lids......I feel so sorry for the betta.If I do get to start running my own store,I wont EVER do that.( I am currently trying to get enough money to start running my own fish store.
:hyper: P.S. I am really happy that all these people are standing up for the betta,I see so many of them in those horible little cups,it's good to finally know that someone is standing up for the poor creatures :good:

Love the Artemes display pic ^^

Good job! ;)
Yeah, my PetSmart has them stacked!! It's terrible.
& guess what else?
There's only ONE hole (it's kinda big but still) on the top of the lid.
I mean, poor Bettas! :(
But most of my local stores & my PetCo take good care of their Bettas. :wub:

Congrats on ruining someones lively hood and unemploying quite a few people over a few bettas :good:
if you are going to put a reply like that on i think you should keep it to yourself as you must have no feelings as to what the fish/ animals are going through or would you like to live in a boot of a car!!!!!!!!!! its all the space you need just drill some holes to breath what more does a human need!!!
just keep you in there until someone decides you need more space.

Well done on getting the council out to the shop, i have never seen them kept in cups they are always in big tanks with other fish but i think i would have quiet a lot to say to the owner of the lfs if i ever came across it !!!!

Sometimes I wonder if bettas are one of the most abused pet fish in the world. People are told it's normal to keep them in tiny amounts of water. They're also told that bettas are "hardy", leaving the average idiot under the impression that it's ok to slack on their water changes. The pet store guy told me that crap when I got my betta guy.

Good job! ;)
Yeah, my PetSmart has them stacked!! It's terrible.
& guess what else?
There's only ONE hole (it's kinda big but still) on the top of the lid.
I mean, poor Bettas! :(
But most of my local stores & my PetCo take good care of their Bettas. :wub:

Both my Petco and Petsmarts do that. You know what I do though? I unstack them when I am there cause the shelves usually aren't full, so I just end up mixing everything up and unstacking them.

Edit: Xuchilbara - I agree. Usually when I go to the stores and I look at the bettas, I hear some of the stupidest comments about bettas.

But you know what I can't stand the most? The closed environment tanks!!! You know...the betta in a vase bull crap. Its supposed to "mimic" their environment, but you know...Im sorry but bettas dont thrive, life for that matter, on a single plant. I just dont understand why people allow these things to be put out, seriously. Dont they just think .. hmm maybe in an open environment, O2 and water quality is replenished by mixing of air and the water? Plants and nutrients are all around and other sources of food? ajdsfljaklsjf;lkajsl;flakjf....Frustrating what it takes to get through to some of these thick headed people. Its not just the fact that it happens to bettas, but these people claim to be putting out scientific creations when they dont even think scientifically!!! :angry: *ranting done*

Good for you. Well Done.

Never had any experiences like that here, but i used to talk to the Pets At home staff and would hear them quoting stuff i had told them about bettas, whenever i popped in.

Most reactions

Back