The Frustrations Of Tank Size

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
6,879
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
GB
do you find no matter how big your tank you always want more fish? i went from a 26g to a 100g recently and now its fully stocked ( well actually when the fish hit full size prob a tad overstocked and will probn have to thin it out a bit) i want even bigger so i can have even more! aaaghhh help im addicted!!! :crazy:
 
do you find no matter how big your tank you always want more fish? i went from a 26g to a 100g recently and now its fully stocked ( well actually when the fish hit full size prob a tad overstocked and will probn have to thin it out a bit) i want even bigger so i can have even more! aaaghhh help im addicted!!! :crazy:


No, markandhisfish, that's not an addiction - it's perfectly normal.
Unfortunately, a large proportion of the population ARE addicted to silly things like furnishings - which waste valuable tank space - waste their leasure time on mind-rotting television rather than fish-fussing and watching, and tend to frivol their money away on such nonsensical items as clothing and groceries rather than fish food and water bills.
This may make them sometimes APPEAR to represent the norm, but we just have to work on straightening them out, one at a time...

Edit - you did KEEP that 26g, right?
Because giving up perfectly good fish tanks can cause a terrible emotional disorder that causes people to be found sobbing in corners and kicking themselves repeatedly.
A very unhealthy situation, indeed...
 
:lol: i have thought about telling the missus that we really dont need the sofa!!
 
Hi markandhisfish :)

The next step in this addiction is when you start buying more tanks. Once you do that, it's hard to keep the fish from taking over your house. :hyper: This is called MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) and I think you are about ready to come down with it. :lol:
 
lol trust ive been ready to come down with it ever since april when i started with my 1st tank in fact i still have that tank in the shed and id love to set it up again and use it as a breeding tank for my kribs but alas we just dont have the space. oh woe is me :lol:
 
lol trust ive been ready to come down with it ever since april when i started with my 1st tank in fact i still have that tank in the shed and id love to set it up again and use it as a breeding tank for my kribs but alas we just dont have the space. oh woe is me :lol:


Didn't you say you had a sofa taking up space? :hey:
 
:lol: oh dear me... looks like you will just have to get another one :rolleyes: ,such a shame eh??


:lol: MTS is well and truely setting in ;)

shelagh xxx
 
I think I may be coming down with a similar disorder, I have a hospital/fry tank set up.... only now it is up and running it seems such a waste to take it down and put it away.

Maybe I could pick up a cheap tank for emergency use, and turn the old hospital tank into... perhaps.... a new guppy tank.... Mind you.... (ideas growing - will stop now before something happens!)

I like the description Syphoniera: :nod:
 
I think I may be coming down with a similar disorder, I have a hospital/fry tank set up.... only now it is up and running it seems such a waste to take it down and put it away.

Maybe I could pick up a cheap tank for emergency use, and turn the old hospital tank into... perhaps.... a new guppy tank.... Mind you.... (ideas growing - will stop now before something happens!)

I like the description Syphoniera: :nod:


Yes, the new hospitality tank, beckoning welcomingly to new and beautiful fish...

I don't think people really 'come down with' MTS - it's latent in us all...
 
My name is Shawn and I have a problem..... MTS It all started innocently enough by buying a 20 gallon tank "for the kids". A year later I have three tanks and looking for a fourth. We don't really need a spare bedroom. It's taking up space for at least 3 more tanks... :hyper:
 
I thought MTS was another way of saying that all is well in the world. There is plenty of room in my home for more tanks but the 16 I have are enough for the moment. Next spring, after the club's auction in January and the ALA convention in April, I will probably be looking for more space because I will have all tanks fully stocked and have some fish in some kind of temporary housing.
People who don't have at least 2 rooms with lots of tanks just don't have the right priorities in my mind.
 
this is such a funny thread :lol: but there is a very serious side to it :huh:

I do not even have fish in my very first Tank and as I stand back and look at it I wonder should I have gone for the Juwel Trigon 350 instead of the 190 ? :sly: I sort of move the sofa one way and the coffee table another ....


"it would go in there" I persuade myself low and behold I find a tape measure in my hand and the floor size of the 350 on a peace of paper in my other

all of a sudden reality comes crashing back as I hear my good lady saying rather loudly from behind me ... " NO Ian !"

I take it the aforementioned MTS is similar to the BTS (bigger tank syndrome)

is there a cure ? :no:

Am I doomed from the start ? :nod:
 
:lol: mts--- multiple tank syndrome and bts --- bigger tank syndrome omg i think i have got mbts :lol:
 
It's good to know it's not just me. I recently got a 55 gallon to replace my 37. The more I think about it, I want to have both up and running :kana:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top