The Disappearing City

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chrisbassist

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've decidided to cover Frank Lloyd Wright as a case study part of my portfolio submission for an architecture course.

Unfortunately, the idea of his I wanted to focus on, and add my own ideas to (and kind of continue the idea by designing my own version) is broadacre city. The way I see it this would satisfy a large part of my required elements for the entry portfolio.

Does anyone here (kind of the wrong place to ask) know where I could find a copy of the book "the disappearing city" as published by him in 1932?

I can't find anything affordable, there arefirst editions for around £450 but nothing ican afford. I don't mind if it's online, or as a book...

Anyone help?

I'll check a couple of those out but it's a bit odd that they are DVD rips or they say they're cracked. It's not software surely...

I just assumed they were scanned copies of the book :blush:

I didn't look at the code - been back and see what you mean, strange indeed

Seffie x

Worth checking out though...

To do what I'm planning will need as much info as I can possibly get. In fact it may be too adventurous even if I'm fully informed... Designing a full town, considering power, public transport, schools, retail, restaurants, entertainment venues, accomodation of dif types, parks, etc. And designing the buildings themselves, it's a lot to do. I am planning on restrictions to the work but I just hope I've cut it down enough to make it manageable...

Sounds fasinating - ive had a look on the net for you, but can't find anything under £400 either :sad:

You would think that there would be an electronic copy of a book like that wouldn't you

Seffie x

Thank you for trying. I'm going to email the people at Oxford university that deal with the architecture course there see if they can help.

Ive looked on the british library and the royal architechs library, neither have it :sad:

Seffie x

Aah, more info. It's included in frank lloyd wright: the collected writings.

I thinks it's in volume 2, butit might be volume 3.

See if I can find those. Shame though because I'm only after a small part of it.

Ive found it - its volume 3 and guess what............

http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch?qwork=8779090&matches=40&keyword=frank+lloyd+wright+writings&cm_sp=works*listing*title

its cheap as chips

:kana:

Seffie x

Funnily enough, my step-mums first suggestions were British library and the royal British architects, must be a teacher thing. Iguess when searching for relevant information for things youend up searching for lots of books and the British library is normally a safe bet. Although she no longer works in a school, she trains teachers and runs courses etc.

Most reactions

trending

Back