The Continuing Adventures Of Skifletch

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thanks guys. If there's any closeups you guys want, lemme know :)

i would like a close up of mystery! ps is that a type of solar wrasse the blurred one?

also whats that long greyish fish that looks like a barless shotsilk? type of goby i would guess but unsure!

you probably state this somewhere but im lazy and cba to look !

Gary, yes that's a frogspawn and yes I can take a closeup of it

Shibby, I'll try on the Mystery wrasse, but DAMN that thing's hard to get good pics of, fish won't stay still long enough :lol:. Yes, that's a Solorensis Wrasse. That "grayish" one is actually green and goes by many common names including green bar goby, zebra goby, and zebra dartfish. It's scientific name is Ptereleotris zebra and my LFS gets a lot of them. They're a neat schooling fish

Really nice tank skifletch :good:
I really like the frogspawn :drool: , the elegance :drool: , the AUSSIE DUNCAN :drool: , and the …. Well all off it :drool: in fact I think it’s so cool I have set the pic as my desk top pic :lol: it’s a real inspiration I love it
Ps that pink fish in the middle of the shot is really nice what is it and how big do they grow?

The Clam, The Clam!! Picture of the clam... umm.. please, yes, if you get a chance :D Maybe one of the elegance while your at it;)

Ox :good:

John, it's a purple firefish and that's pretty much fullsize

More pictures huh? OK :)

Ah Ski, it looks good man, I haven't decided what kinda wrasses I wanna go with, I may get a fourline and a leopard wrasse for the 30 cube, and when I get the 25 going I'll drop a Mystery Wrasse in there.

Ptereleotris zebra[/i] and my LFS gets a lot of them. They're a neat schooling fish

score where im from there called shotsilk gobys so i actually got it right :hyper: not one of my favourate fish i must admit though i hate pajama cardinals, firefish and most clowsn which people seem to like!

Hehe, ok guys. Got the camera in the car. Will be doing a cursory tank clean tomorrow (saturday) afternoon and can do a flurry of pictures thereafter :D

You and your wrasses :D they're all beautiful, Im glad everything is going well. Looking forward to the new pics tomorrow.

Ok, here we go guys and gals, got LOTS of pictures here. First, the non-requests, a couple of palythoa colonies.

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

Next up, an Orange and Pink Ricordea Yuma

DSC01331.jpg

And rounding out the softies, some Giant Palythoa

DSC01317.jpg

Next up, my green hairy Millepora. Anyone remember when this was just a tiny 1" frag? It's been growing exponentially lately. Notice all the buds and polyps.

DSC01325.jpg

Also my pink Pocillipora has been doing well as of late. Not quite as good as the Mille, but still growning well

DSC01338.jpg

And another SPS frag I just picked up from someone locally (this is the same size as the mille was)

DSC01330.jpg

And this Green Pocillipora here has to be one of my best successes. I bought the rock that it's on and it literally grew out that rock. Didn't even know it was there when I bought the rock :lol:

DSC01334.jpg

Next up, what's known here in the States as Pokerstar Montipora. Got it off a friend who was closing down his tank. Poor colony was upsideown in the sand for a few days and was down to just a few polyps. I've grown it back to life here and it's just starting to get it's purple skin back. Still dominated by the orange polyps, but it'll get better I hope :)

DSC01335.jpg

Now on to the LPS, another favorite of mine, Blastomussa Wellsophyllia. Also a free rescue colony. Was down to a single head and I've grown it out to ~15 heads now. One of my favorite pieces.

DSC01341.jpg

And an Acanthastrea Lordhowensis frag I just got to replace some of my losses from the cooking

DSC01333.jpg

And now on to the requests, first up, my Duncanopsamnia Axifuga

DSC01343.jpg

Per another request, my Green Torch

DSC01310.jpg

One of my favorites, green/purple Frogspawn

DSC01319.jpg

Got a couple pics of the Clam here. First is a top-down, second is through the glass. Was tough to get a good shot of it, lighting and angles aren't right but these should do OK

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

And someone wanted a shot of the Mystery Wrasse yes? It took me 50 some tries to get it, but finally got the near perfect shot. Even got him flaring and everything :D

DSC01355.jpg

Last of the closeups of course is my prized Elegance coral. Despite loosing half of it in the cooking, it's still doing very well :D

DSC01339.jpg

And since I cleaned, figured I'd finish up with a FTS

DSC01347.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back