The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:snap: DONT FORGET TO BRING THE CAMERA HOME :snap:
More pics Ski
Just a little reminder.
Regards
BigC

Ski, if you're having problems with algae and stuff raise your magnesium up. I'm talking way up! A guy I work for used to develop all of the chemicals that Kent Marine currently has out and knows a ton of stuff about water chemistry. Algae WILL NOT grow with a magnesium level above 1800. You also have to keep your calcium level very high to though.

Also you can check your phosphates about the algae problem. Along with your TDS coming out of your RO unit.

Thanks man, I've been raising Mag slowly already knowing that most algaes don't like it. TDS of my RO output is 1-2ppm, and the algae growth is fast enough to remove all measurable phosphate from the water column. Ironically enough, the algae growth keeping the PO4 down coupled with the high minerals (calc/alk/mg) has lead to explosive growth of my SPS. Even had a pocillipora plenulate (release it's polyps to free-swimming versions) and had one stick and grow on the opposite side of the tank :yahoo:.

As for the camera and having time for the tank, had a little personal issue to deal with last night, sorry bout that. Keep those fingers crossed

LOL I thought it was a cave or have I been watching a different programme
Leave me alone I'm old
Cave...Shed Whats the difference Bob....I mean Robin.

Ok, I know I promised it weeks ago, but here's an updated FTS. She's coming back well after the cooking. I added a bit of rock to the right side of the tank, filling in the space there a bit more. I probably won't add much more in terms of corals/fish TBH. Will continue nursing the Hammer and Brain back to health in QT before re-introducing them to the display, and am slowly getting the algae back under control now that I've got the sterilizer back up and running (weather's more condusive to running it now). Hope you enjoy

09-03-08edited.jpg

Looks great ski... and looks like your elegance is doing good

Ox :good:

woah.. just noticed the calm in the top left. Do you have a closer macro shot of it? Would love to see the pattering on it :good:

Still looking very good even after the cooking! Good luck with the nursing the Hammer and Brain back to health ! hope they come back to full health!!

One pic? Thats all you've git for us after two whole weeks?! :<

Just kidding, awesome tank, love the clowns! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back