The Continuing Adventures Of Skifletch

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well it's been a little while since I updated and since adding the Kole Tang, I have one other fish update to add :). Found myself a Halichoeres melanarus at a local pet store. Usually they have really poor saltwater stock and I just went in there on a whim and found this gem of a fish. Since I don't trust the store as far as I can spit, I QT'ed him for a full month during which time he showed not a glimpse of disease. So tonight, into the family he went. Keeping a member of the Halichoeres genus means I can't have worms, shrimp, or featherdusters, but I think I'll live without them... Also means I won't have to deal with nudibranchs or flatworms ever :shifty:. Anyways, I'll NEVER get a pic of this little guy cause he swims so damned fast and I don't have a $400+ SLR-style digicam to take pics of him, so you'll have to do with this borrowed one... Don't be fooled VM, the coloration is similar but not quite a Leopard ;)

halichoeres_melanurus_2x.jpg

Wow I didn't remember you having one of these until I read your fish personality post in Reef and Chit Chat. I've been given the ok to add a young one to my tank by the article writer on RC.

Do you figure you have a male or female? Could you get a video and upload that to photobucket??? Pretty please :D

KJ, I definitely have a male. I can TRY to take a video the next time my fiance is over with her camera, no guarantee though cause he's very fast. Behavior wise, he's a VORACIOUS searcher for pods and worms, CONSTANTLY hovering around the whole rock stack lookin for little thigns to eat. He LOVES when I clean the tank with a smal siphon and follows me around looking for anything I might scare up. As far as other fish goes, he's not aggressive towards them, but WILL hold his ground if anybody tries to bother him. I would not however advise putting any shrimp in a tank with him. He might not bother with an established cleaner, but anything new is inspected thoroughly ;)

Wow I haven't checked this in so long, your tank still looks awesome. :D
You should enter the Tank of the Month thing, I would totally vote for you. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back