Texan's 75 Fowlr Journal

Proud Texan

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am finally starting my tank... all ive got right now is some of the equipment. Right now im still waiting to get my skimmer, light, and salt among a few other minor things. Im going to take more pictures when i get more stuff so right now this is all ive got:

My 3 stage RO unit. So far it works pretty good.
100_0264.jpg

My 300 watt heater.
100_0255.jpg

My Refractometer, works great.
100_0258.jpg

100 lbs of sand
100_0262.jpg

My saltwater test kit. Pretty basic.
100_0252.jpg

My hydrometer/thermometer, nothing special.
100_0257.jpg

My Aqua-gloves! lol safety first.
100_0256.jpg

My AGA model 3 Wet/Dry filter. This thing looks really cool.
100_0265.jpg

Close-Up of the Bio-Balls
100_0267.jpg

Close-Up of the 700 gph pump
100_0266.jpg

Well thats it for now but i will have some more very soon.

Looks good. But why the hydrometer and a refractometer? You only need one or the other. How many gallons per day does your RO unit produce?

My RO is a 50 gpd and i got the two because i wanted to just leave the hydrometer/thermometer in the tank all the time and the refractomer to measure salt in the mixing container and i just wanted to see how both worked it was only like 6 extra dollars.

Ya i would have it right now but petco screwed up the custom order. i should be getting the tank soon.

Well i my parents decided they want it delivered so it will be here tuesday for sure but a at-least they got me a 90 instead of a 75.

I dont know the exact rule, but I do believe that the mods don't like linking to other forums... Just a heads up

Ox :good:

That's correct, technically the rule reads;

No promoting of other competing sites either in the forum, chat room or private message system.

We make an exception here in the saltwater section in terms of links that are widely educational and exist to protect the safety of organisms in our care from the lack of the knowledge otherwise contained in those links. This is most commonly (but not limited to) the case in more technical areas of the hobby such as Chemistry, Hardware, Diseases, and Interspecies Aggression. Direct linking to your own journal is nice and convenient, but I'm sure I speak for the rest of the moderatorship that if you want to keep a journal here and at a competitive forum, please at least do us the quick courtesy of copying and pasting the text. I will leave the link for now, but in the future, please do us the courtesy of copying your own journal here.

Thanks

Most reactions

Back