Tetratec Ex700 Users

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
Hi folks..

I'm running the 1200's on 2 of our tanks, but I want to upgrade two of our other tanks... but size is a limiting factor...

I want to go the the 700 as the tanks are for our zebs so need higher flow rate and more power.

The gap in the units that the tanks are on are slightly shorter than the spec'ed height but having the 1200 I know they include the height of the tapes in the spec...

So... I need to know the height of the actual unit, the height of the taps and hose output and the offset of the taps from the edge of the filter.

I've got a gap at the back of both tanks that I'm hoping i can use to let be get the filters in.
Here is a diagram to help, I used to have a 304 on one of the tanks in this fashion...

I'd like to know x, y and z on the diagram ;)

Thanks all

filter.jpg

Are you sure B = 40mm? As that's only 4cm?

I don't have the filter in question, just pointing that out....

It seems(looking at the rocket aquatics site) that the overall cannister dimensions for the 700 & 1200 are the same. 22x22x38 cm.

Having said that, the filter capacity of the 1200 is nearly double that of the 700 (12 lit - 6.6 lit). Which to me doesn't add up. :blink:

Are you sure B = 40mm? As that's only 4cm?
I don't have the filter in question, just pointing that out....

Sorry B=400mm = 40cm (I wasnt sure what units to use and changed my mind, mid drawing

[quote post='1857512' date='Dec 29 2007, 11:16 AM']It seems(looking at the rocket aquatics site) that the overall cannister dimensions for the 700 & 1200 are the same. 22x22x38 cm.

Having said that, the filter capacity of the 1200 is nearly double that of the 700 (12 lit - 6.6 lit). Which to me doesn't add up. :blink:[/quote]

I looked on the Tetra-tec site - the 700 is speced as being 42cm tall - with teh gap of just 40cm this is where my questions have come from...

(the 600 is speced at 38cm - not sure what the 1200 is but its bigger than those ;))

Bad timing for you russel. My tape measure is at my new house (I am decorating and moving within the next 2 weeks)

Looking at my 700 and gauging the measurement by using an A4 piece of paper as 30cm. It must mean that the 42cm is to the top of the outlets.

Saying that though the hoses when they come of the filter (as you know from the 1200) point almost straight up which means that mine sueezes into my cupboard which is about 45cm tall with the hoses having to push against the shelf above.

Looks like you may be out of luck with this one.

Andy

Could construct like a little stand for it to prop it slightly sideways so it would fit.

Or would that create a leak?
:lol:

Bad timing for you russel. My tape measure is at my new house (I am decorating and moving within the next 2 weeks)

Looking at my 700 and gauging the measurement by using an A4 piece of paper as 30cm. It must mean that the 42cm is to the top of the outlets.

Saying that though the hoses when they come of the filter (as you know from the 1200) point almost straight up which means that mine sueezes into my cupboard which is about 45cm tall with the hoses having to push against the shelf above.

Looks like you may be out of luck with this one.

Andy

what I'm hoping is that the pipes and taps will fit into the gap behind the tank ;)
(that's how i fitted the fluval 304 in there :))

but that depends on the off set of the taps... (eg 'x' on the diagram)

Just measured up my EX700 for you. The actuall filter size before adding the taps is only 37cm tall.

Once you add the taps on it becomes around 43cm tall at the highest point.

Hope this is useful to you. :good:

Just measured up my EX700 for you. The actuall filter size before adding the taps is only 37cm tall.

Once you add the taps on it becomes around 43cm tall at the highest point.

Hope this is useful to you. :good:

cheers matey :)...

nice one - could i get you to measure one more thing... the distance that the taps are from the side of the filter (x on the diagram)

Cheers mate ;)

Nice one :good:

For anyone interested the taps are 9cm from the edge of the filter - the release handle is 11cm :)

I think this will mean I CAN use them - I'll have to check tonight before I order :)

fingers crossed that there's enough clearance..... ;)

you might be able to adapt the taps, to allow the pipes to connect at a 90' angle rather than straight, to allow a little more clearance ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back