Tetratec Ex2400 - For Sale

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes. But if you reduced the flow back to the tank, it would keep the water clear. You can't over filter water!

Is it easy to adjust the flow?

Im after an external, with decent flow for my 180, as it needs to shift poo off of my sand!

no its not. reducing the outlet diamiter will have little effect on the water flow rate( though it may damage you r impeller). all it does is speed up the water. you would need to be able to reduce the power to the impeller to reduce water flow.
though a 2400 (which has a real flow rate of 1000-1200LPH) would be a great filter for a 180l tank. I use two 2224's to achieve the same flow rate.
it would have been be a great filter for you, and a good buy.

If the 1200s are anything to go by i would expect the LPH to be much higher dont tar all filter with the same brush and half it. All 3 of my 1200 get 850-900 LPH

+1. The 2400 would be around the 1800 lph at least imo.

if it were measured with media in, to begin with. I'd agree. but tetra advertise the pump rate, measured with no media or furniture.

even Eheim and Aqua one, who state a rate with full (recommended) media. run 20-30% less than the box claim. actually they both also give a pump rating. looking at this, gives you an idea how much flow is lost, by adding media.

tetra are one of the filters that actually give a good bit less flow, than you would expect.
now all this is dependent on media. amount type and configuration.
50% reduction an all filters, that do not state a filter flow rate with media. is perfectly reasonable.

anyway, its easy to measure.
just put a container under the outlet. time exactly how long you fill it. weigh the resulting water. deduct the container weight. multiply up. and you have a, rough, LHP figure.
now to be a bit more accurate, you will need to do this several times. then you just average the results to give you the figure, over all.

if it were measured with media in, to begin with. I'd agree. but tetra advertise the pump rate, measured with no media or furniture.

even Eheim and Aqua one, who state a rate with full (recommended) media. run 20-30% less than the box claim. actually they both also give a pump rating. looking at this, gives you an idea how much flow is lost, by adding media.

tetra are one of the filters that actually give a good bit less flow, than you would expect.
50% reduction an all filters, that do not state a filter flow rate with media. is perfectly reasonable.

anyway, its easy to measure.
just put a container under the outlet. time exactly how long you fill it. weigh the resulting water. deduct the container weight. multiply up. and you have a, rough, LHP figure.
now to be a bit more accurate, you will need to do this several times. then you just average the results to give you the figure, over all.

there was a thread on here a while ago where a good lot of people measured the actual output of their filters, the 1200's came in at around 900lph, so its onyl fair to assume the 2400 will be around 1800lph. I think 1000lph is a bit of an unfair guess but i wouldnt be suprised if it was as low as 1600.

I assume thats not from experince and your just going by what you have read as all mine have extra media in and get the same 850-900 lph

Once again... +1 to Tizer. :rolleyes: my 1200 tested at 864 lph iirc.
Yep same mate just about to order a 330L all pond solutions tank and use the 15% code going to pick up my 4th 1200 for that :good:

Hope its not one of the disgusting looking silver finish things :| Man they look so bad in the pictures. I just tucked away £400 for an 8x2x2 ND Aquatics tank, now i just have to spend the next year convincing the wife its a good idea while secretly building a stand for it in the garage. :D

Hope its not one of the disgusting looking silver finish things :| Man they look so bad in the pictures. I just tucked away £400 for an 8x2x2 ND Aquatics tank, now i just have to spend the next year convincing the wife its a good idea while secretly building a stand for it in the garage. :D

lol no its horrible black one. i would have got a nd one but there no chance there pulling my pants down for the costs of one of their stands and the only space left for this tank is the front room of which wifey has forbidden a home made stand so only thing i can come up with is the tank and stand for £300 is a bargin using the discount code

I assume thats not from experince and your just going by what you have read as all mine have extra media in and get the same 850-900 lph

no, from experience. I've measured the 700, 1200 and 2400.
I've also asked for, an explanation of, the system used to ascertain the flow of the tetras. as i have with most makes/brands.
anyway, this is getting too far off the topic. if you wish, we could start a thread discussing this further?
its an interesting subject. that would also help others make informed choices.

no, from experience. I've measured the 700, 1200 and 2400.
I've also asked for, an explanation of, the system used to ascertain the flow of the tetras. as i have with most makes/brands.
anyway, this is getting too far off the topic. if you wish, we could start a thread discussing this further?
its an interesting subject. that would also help others make informed choices.

+1

Its very confusing for people new to the hobby, to know what to get, how to use it, what flow actually is, media to use, media placement...

It had/has me in a quandry!

:)

lol no its horrible black one. i would have got a nd one but there no chance there pulling my pants down for the costs of one of their stands and the only space left for this tank is the front room of which wifey has forbidden a home made stand so only thing i can come up with is the tank and stand for £300 is a bargin using the discount code

yeah the stands are very pricey, quite happy to have a little bit of a DIY project to do myself one day, although i'll probably spend the money on a night out with booze and strippers. yey.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back