smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
Equipment make/model/size: Tetratec EX2400
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Wont fit in cupboard!
Delivery or Collection: Either
Sales price: £60
Postage & Packaging: Will find out costs.

Bought 2nd hand on Aquarists Classifieds last week...

Stripped it down, checked it over and cleaned everything.
Put it all together with my media from one of our EX1200's and plumbed it all in...

Then found it didn't fit in the unit under the tank...
Oh how I laughed! (I'd have cried if I hadn't)

Mechanically its sound, No leaks from seals or the tap unit. It runs wells and boy does it shift water (despite what the specs say on paper, this leaves 2x ex1200's in its wake - Literally!).

Up Side - Comes with all media and I've put two new fine sponges in it.

Down side - no spray bar & its missing one of the feet. It also has scratches on the top, none of these affect how it works.

Just looking to cover my costs

ex2400.jpg

All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM.

Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.
The agreement of the time and date of collection or postage, or confirmation that items have been posted should also be posted in the thread.

Please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in more details or are interested in buying.
If you suspect any foul play, please use the report button and the moderating team will deal with all reports.

By posting on this forum you are deemed to have agreed with and accepted the rules set out above. Please be aware that not using the form above will result in your topic being deleted.

Holey moley! That is huuuge!

A little off topic, but I see you have a bowl under your other 1200, is it leaking? If so I have a part that will fix it if you're interested?

Perhaps you'd best give the external dimensions to make sure no-one else falls into the same trap you did! ;)

Dimensions Approx: 34cm x 33cm x 60cm

just to clarify. it leaks and has no media?

Hi all...

The 2400 comes ready to use... No leaks and all the media included.

I'm going to take it back off the tank tonight and get the lounge back to normal (or face pain and death from my good wife).
I'll give it another clean out even though it had only beed running 10 hours, when I checked the tank this morning, it is finally spotless so its doing a great job!

The dimensions quoted above are accurate and include the height of the taps and hoses.
I've got approx 580mm cupboard height so assumed it'd be ok... wrong.

P.S. The 1200's are awaiting new tap units to cure the leaks :)

Yes. But if you reduced the flow back to the tank, it would keep the water clear. You can't over filter water!

there are inline taps on most external filters - you just partially close them ;-)

This has sold by the way.

Yes. But if you reduced the flow back to the tank, it would keep the water clear. You can't over filter water!

Is it easy to adjust the flow?

Im after an external, with decent flow for my 180, as it needs to shift poo off of my sand!

no its not. reducing the outlet diamiter will have little effect on the water flow rate( though it may damage you r impeller). all it does is speed up the water. you would need to be able to reduce the power to the impeller to reduce water flow.
though a 2400 (which has a real flow rate of 1000-1200LPH) would be a great filter for a 180l tank. I use two 2224's to achieve the same flow rate.
it would have been be a great filter for you, and a good buy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back