Terry's Tank And Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ter

Fishaholic
Reaction score
pls tell me what yall think... and any ideas about the hair aglae and how bad is it compired 2 other people? thanks Ter

Video
DSC01599.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

Don't worry about the hair algae... mine's about 1000 times as bad... my algae infestation is so bad that I now have Cyanobacteria in competition with hair algae... :( :lol:

Are you planning to get more rock? If not, a Sea Goblin or Sea Moth would be really cool for your tank. :good:

-Lynden

I have my order of 50pounds in a water tank getn it ready... I have 10lbs already so ill be at 60pounds once i add my extra its a 80 gallon(US) tank
Ter

I just scraped all the algae and build up on my glass. It looks so clean now :wub: . But so far I have never ever gotten any algae on my sand...Thank God. :fun:

I just scraped all the algae and build up on my glass. It looks so clean now :wub: . But so far I have never ever gotten any algae on my sand...Thank God. :fun:

I did that same thing and it's amazing how much a difference that makes on your overall tank look. :good: But I hate the algae growth on my substrate. :X

Cool. So what do you plan to do next?

-Lynden

Well im going to add all my cured rock soon, then wait a few more weeks.. add two clowns then later on a yellow tang, and then start with corals
thats my plan i'll see how it turns out lol
Ter

I remove the algea only from my front glass... my hope is that if i leave enough in the tank it will die off one day... but if i remove the stuff all the time its just gonna keep coming back i figure...
Ter

Leaving it will cause it to starve itself, however get some phosphate remover and it will help considerably. I have a freind who has a marine and its far worse tbh quite awful anyways it coverd the whole tank and the fish used to get green stains on them!

Your blue legs should also eat the hair but be warned compared to reds they like snails for supper and then thier homes :shout:

I only have a few for looks
i have 10 reds so far.. until i add all my rock.. im holding back on the cleanup crew
Ter
I ordred a Po4 unit its on its way :)

A little update... well my hair algae at least is starting to die off and i enlisted the help of an Sea urchin. I hadn't bought the urchin for the hair algae but just cause i wanted one, but my urchin seems to love the hair algae and once the lights are off starts munching on the stuff. Due to calcium levels being very low i lost all but a few inches of my coralline algae. Its back now with my calcium levels at correct levels, stronger then ever.
100_0100.jpg

100_0099.jpg

can u find my turbo snail in that one? lol
100_0098.jpg

my anemone found a nice home surrounded by hair algae lol
Ter

Wow, thats some long hair algae. Urchins will eat any and all photosynthetic eukariotic multicellular algaes (hair, diatoms, coraline and other calcerous algaes) but wont touch any unicellular types like diatoms or cyanobactiera. If I didnt like coraline algae I'd buy one :D

does everybody here have a clearner shrimp? and if so.. i can't really find info about how many gallons per cleaner shrimp... I have read that they do fight anybody with more then one have issues?
Ter

There is no real like shrimp per gallon as most people have them for more as another fish sort of thing.

IMO if u was to like measure it to gallons 1 per 10 gals?

Tbh ive got 3 atm in my 55, 2 cleaners and 1 dancing, but im gunna get another cleaner and then 3 bloods and maybe one more dancing.

As to aggression i know that they can like gang up on lonely shrimp such as 4 cleaners to 1 blood cos they can be shy inverts. But 8/10 times they get along fine i wld of said.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back