Tell me your Insomnia cures

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
I have gotten only 10-12 hours of sleep, in 2 hour increments since Wednesday night (140 hours+ at the time of posting)

Please help. I canā€™t do another night of no sleep. Iā€™m hallucinating from sleep deprivation. Donā€™t know who else to ask, so What works for you?

I canā€™t take sleeping meds or melatonin

Some cherries (sour I think) are meant to help get you to sleep and are a natural form of melatonin.

I watch the news or a boring (or not exciting) tv show. Have the volume down low and room lights off. Then close your eyes and try not to think about what is annoying or stressing you out.

Avoid using a computer or electronic device for a couple of hours before bed.
Turn off cool white lights in the house in the evening and have yellow (warm) lights on instead.

Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks and avoid things that stimulate your mind.

Children don't read this but ingesting some plant type substances often referred to as weeds can help you sleep. Don't ban me for saying it but it's a legit medical condition that can be helped by this stuff.

Some cherries (sour I think) are meant to help get you to sleep and are a natural form of melatonin.

I watch the news or a boring (or not exciting) tv show. Have the volume down low and room lights off. Then close your eyes and try not to think about what is annoying or stressing you out.

Avoid using a computer or electronic device for a couple of hours before bed.
Turn off cool white lights in the house in the evening and have yellow (warm) lights on instead.

Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks and avoid things that stimulate your mind.

Children don't read this but ingesting some plant type substances often referred to as weeds can help you sleep. Don't ban me for saying it but it's a legit medical condition that can be helped by this stuff.
Thank you. I turn off screens for a few hours, and read or listen to music or a podcast before bed. I never drink Caffiene due to my heart condition. Cannot have those plants you mentioned either. Blue and white lights go off as well.

I think my issue is my heart. The doctors gave me a medication they shouldnā€™t have and it screwed up my heart, havenā€™t slept since my hospital visit. Triggered my prolonged QT interval, and now my heart rate is not just tachycardic but also bradycardic. Iā€™ll fluctuate between 30bpm to 260bpm in less than two minutes. That in combo with the long QT is absolutely killing me, feel like I canā€™t breathe.

And now, because I keep going bradycardic I cannot take my beta blockers to keep me from going tachycardic! Ugh!

Elephant is sitting on my chest, of course I canā€™t sleep šŸ„²

why can't you take certain plants?
a very small amount 30 minutes before bed might help you get a bit more sleep. just add some to some food and cook it, then eat.

but you need to chat with your doctor and get a different medication.

Are you able to drink chamomile tea?

But with the very limited options you have, I highly suggest, as others have, to please see a doctor or maybe even a psychologist who can help you.

You should also maybe try listening to either very calm instrumental music, or just certain noises like white noise, waves, or something else that would be calming.

a turkey dinner makes many people sleepy due to increasing natural melatonin in your body. But you need to discuss your issue with a doctor.. I also eat a tablespoon of natural peanut butter before bed.

Last edited:
Try meditation. A lot of people really like it. I find it boring as hell and often fall asleep or get close to that when I do it.

I would recommend these, but you can't take CBD. Maybe you can find some of the other ingredients elsewhere?

I would recommend these, but you can't take CBD. Maybe you can find some of the other ingredients elsewhere?
She can't have CBD

If anything else fails, a good 3 straight shots of tequila or vodka does it for me.

Not sure if you know the source of your insomnia, I went thru a period years ago where stress kept me up at ungodly hours, exercise and shutting down the voices in my head helped, so as someone else suggested, meditation is good.

for quick solutions I tried melatonin, but that crap builds up in your system and eventually does nothing, plus it's really meddling with something that we shouldn't, so in extreme nights I did resort to alcohol at times.

If you can still walk Ok, fresh air, take a walk in the evening...

my wife & I play relaxation music softly the whole time we sleep... I typically don't have any issues sleeping, but my wife typically falls asleep right away, then wakes up every 2 hours ( like you ) & having the relaxation music helps her turn her mind off...

Father in Law always swore by a shot of Blackberry brandy at bed time ( personally I think it was an excuse to have a shot of Blackberry brandy ) not sure if you are allowed that anyway, with the meds you're on...

I have aquariums around my bed... I start off watching fish, on low light, & end up falling asleep...

Most reactions

Back