Tell me your Insomnia cures

As per doctors orders Iā€™m going to the emergency room tomorrow if I canā€™t sleep tonight

I hope you either slept or are at emergency.

You are under severe stress with the commercial medical system you guys have, and the costs you're facing. That would keep many a person up at night. Add new meds to that, and you are in a 'perfect' storm scenario. You have anxiety and cardiac issues to deal with. Since you've asked - I would discuss both with your doctors. That might be away to handle insomnia.

I hope you either slept or are at emergency.

You are under severe stress with the commercial medical system you guys have, and the costs you're facing. That would keep many a person up at night. Add new meds to that, and you are in a 'perfect' storm scenario. You have anxiety and cardiac issues to deal with. Since you've asked - I would discuss both with your doctors. That might be away to handle insomnia.
I got a couple hours thankfully. I do think the fluids helped. Surprisingly I donā€™t feel anxious about the medical stuff, and amazingly my pain levels have been tolerable. I truly think that itā€™s because of the injection the hospital staff gave me. They should not have given me a known trigger for long QT and if they didnā€™t read my chart that should at least be something thatā€™s always asked to the patient

I don't know your underlying condition but the best remedy for me is exercise preferably outside, even mild exercise. I personally would not recommend alcohol, CDB, or THC, or even sleep aids if you can avoid them, eventually they all stop working then you have to deal with the history of having used them (tried them all at one time or another). Again don't exactly know your condition, I see you have pain and some sort of cardiac condition, I know from experience that pain can make sleep very difficult, but in my case I still find exercise helpful.

I had a time where I was under a lot of stress, work in my case, but one of the people I was working with gave me a quote that I take to heart "No one is going to care what is happening now in a 100 years" gives me a bit of an ability to detach from the cares I am dealing with. Another is the Serenity Prayer, I am not religious in the slightest nor an alcoholic, but it says to me if you are doing your best no one can criticize you, if they do, they have the problem. Doesn't solve any issues, but puts them in perspective. Everyone has trials at some time.

Hope your situation improves.

I don't know your underlying condition but the best remedy for me is exercise preferably outside, even mild exercise. I personally would not recommend alcohol, CDB, or THC, or even sleep aids if you can avoid them, eventually they all stop working then you have to deal with the history of having used them (tried them all at one time or another). Again don't exactly know your condition, I see you have pain and some sort of cardiac condition, I know from experience that pain can make sleep very difficult, but in my case I still find exercise helpful.

I had a time where I was under a lot of stress, work in my case, but one of the people I was working with gave me a quote that I take to heart "No one is going to care what is happening now in a 100 years" gives me a bit of an ability to detach from the cares I am dealing with. Another is the Serenity Prayer, I am not religious in the slightest nor an alcoholic, but it says to me if you are doing your best no one can criticize you, if they do, they have the problem. Doesn't solve any issues, but puts them in perspective. Everyone has trials at some time.

Hope your situation improves.
I try to avoid all meds if I can. Currently the only medications I on are my heart medications and one type of pain med as needed. I canā€™t do alcohol, THC or CBD because theyā€™ll interact with with either my heart condition, or my ion channelopathy and trigger an episode

I do try to spend time outside, but am largely confined to a wheelchair and cannot be upright for long periods of time, and exercise triggers my ion channels to freeze up which then triggers dangerous complications

Sounds to me like your docs need to help get that racing heart under control. Hopefully the IVs are still helping with that. Until that happens, all this other stuff is kind of like putting a bandaid on an internal hemorage.

Sounds to me like your docs need to help get that racing heart under control. Hopefully the IVs are still helping with that. Until that happens, all this other stuff is kind of like putting a bandaid on an internal hemorage.
Exactly. And unfortunately itā€™s not just racing, itā€™s also dropping to dangerously low, which means I cannot take my beta blockers to slow it because itā€™s already too slow sometimes

ask your doc if you would qualify for a ablation of a nerve going to the heart....
I would occasionally get my heart racing to 200 bpm. After the procedure, I no longer have that issue. It's a same day procedure. You go home shortly after the procedure.

ask your doc if you would qualify for a ablation of a nerve going to the heart....
I would occasionally get my heart racing to 200 bpm. After the procedure, I no longer have that issue. It's a same day procedure. You go home shortly after the procedure.
An ablation would potentially kill me and is contraindicated for my heart condition unfortunately. I will be getting a port for fluids though which will help with some aspects

Amazing what makeup can do to hide sleep deprivation
98E6308D-FD8C-4BDE-8698-D38F13AD94BA.jpeg

Wishing the best for you. Sounds like the cardiac issues are pretty significant, that would definitely cause some stress. Hope you get out of the hospital soon.

A pretty & talented gal... It was good to see your "go fund me" link in your signature... I'd recommend bolding & increasing the font size for the link, maybe change the color of the font, to help call attention to it...

Most reactions

Back