teenagers that watch your fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

u tell me if I judge him wrong. My friend was off to a trip to asia and he ask the dude who live next door to help him out like feed his fish once every 3 days. And when he comes home the switch is off and while no one can possibly enter his room during this period of time but just the teenager. If I were my friend I will kill him :p

My sister had an similar overfeeding mishap when her daughter decided to feed the betta they had just got. They woke up on morning and the 1 gallon tank was full of food. :blink:

Of course, her daughter is 3 YEARS OLD!!! :hyper: How the heck can adults make such a mistake? Even a teenager you would think could read a label!!! :grr:

Of course the labels on the fish food containers often tell you to feed way to much anyways. Most say feed twice a day as much as can be consume in several minutes :crazy: . No wonder over feeding is the most common death in goldfish. Not only because of overeating but what too much food will do to tank conditions.

Im a teenager too!

I cant trust anyone with my fish either though, even adults.

But im training my Grandma pretty well. I just hooked her up with an old 10gal of mine. SO then next time i go away she will know how to pretty well feed all my fish!

Wolf

Thank goodness I've never had a teenager watch my tanks... oh wait... I am one :lol:

My dad overfeeds my oscar every time he comes into my room, and would feed him even more if I weren't there to say "ok dad, that's enough... too much, in fact."
I just tell my parents not to worry about feeding my fish whenever I'm gone for a few days, and if I'm gone for two weeks or more, I make sure to write down exactly how many pellets each one gets.

Okay IMC, you're prolly right! LMAO! Who needs help feeding a fish??? LOL

Edit: I think I read it wrong. Did I? Did your friend ask the dude next door, or did the dude watching the fish ask the dude next door?

I'm a teenager and most the time I easily can hold my own with adults.

OK, I'll grant that those of you teenagers who do such a good job are real and you do exist...but, I ask you...would you trust your tank to the random dude walking down the hall of your school?

Unfortunately, about the time you graduate college, or reach the age of around 25, all teenagers start to look the same, and it usually isn't good.

There are, of course, idiots no matter what age you are talking about.

but, I ask you...would you trust your tank to the random dude walking down the hall of your school?

Honestly, no I wouldn't ... but would you trust some random person walking around the offices you work in with your fish?

I personally, found this topic quite offensive. I was expecting a thread about teenagers watching fish(looking at), not looking after fish. When I found out what it was actually about, I think it could have been put better. I don't see this as the mistake of the teenager, but the mistake of you and your grandparents ... surely you wouldn't leave your dog with a random person either, definatly not without telling them how to look after the fish properly. So either...

1. Your grandparents trusted this person, and turned out to be wrong
2. They didn't really bother looking for the right person to look after their fish

I know many teen fishkeepers who do look after fish properly, and I know many adults who have no clue about fish at all. I don't think this depends on age, but simply on the knowlegde the people have about fish.

If it's not too much trouble, can I ask you to please change the topic of this thread to something else that won't be taken offensive by more than 1 person?

Also, wasn't it a 'teenager' that looked after the fish, rather than 'teenagers' as you state in the topic. :/

hey im a teenager and i can keep my tank fine. I just dont know if i would trust anyone else except like 1 or 2 people that also have tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back