Tearing a few tanks down

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have made a decision to tear down one of my 10 gallons and my 5.5. I just don't have the time energy or inclination to care for them in the way that they need. I'll keep the tanks and maybe sometime down the road I'll start them back up. Has anyone else had to do this? I feel really sad, but also resigned because its for the best.

I thought about it a while ago, but my fish won me over.

Fishkeeping used to be a “come and go” situation, when I was just staring out. I would start really getting into fish, until I found something “cooler” that I would rather buy/invest my time in.

Trying to battle school, house life, work, and extra activities, and fish, can be a real hassle.

——

There’s no shame in doing so. :)

If something’s worth doing - it’s worth doing well….if you know you’re not enjoying and giving the time to them I would think that being sad because the tanks look bad/fish aren’t happy would be worse than stopping the hobby (or size of commitmen) to the hobby.
As long as you put the tanks somewhere safe you can always start the up again if you change your mind.

Just keep as many tanks that you are comfortable with, I am down to none at the moment. I'm playing a lot of golf, busy with work and just don't have time. I still have about 6 tanks in the shed, I have a 6 footer and a 4 footer, along with smaller ones. The 6 footer will be my new Discus tank, but only when I can give it the care it needs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back