Tap Water

russ1979

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Points
0
if i filled a bucket of tap water and left it 24 - 48hrs would the ph drop
 
if i filled a bucket of tap water and left it 24 - 48hrs would the ph drop

I don't think pH will change, but I know your chlorine value will drop somewhat.... pH will drop if you leave peat moss or tree bark in the water while it is "maturing"
 
Depends on your water. Only way to know is to try it and see. Why ask for info that only you have the ability to know the answer? Is it a trick question?

I know that my water pH would stay the same, but then I have hard water at a pH of 7.8
 
no as the ions that make the water acid, alkali or neutral are dissolved within it, leaving the water to stand will do nothing to remove or alter them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top