Tanks With Black Sand

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some black sand for my tank, just wanted to see a variety of pictures of tanks with black sand so i can make sure its going to be a right move!

muchly appreciated!

Meg

You can click where it says "my 29 gallon" in my sig to look at some, not so well taken pictures of my tank. lol.

Note: This is not want the tank looks like now, it has a lot more plants, mopani wood and rocks.

-FHM

looks nice. The only thin i'm worried about it because i am now thinking of putting fig8 puffer in it and because they are partly back it might make them hard to see. Anybody get anymore pictures?

I have noticed this as well.

I have some small catfish and they are of a darker color, and they do seem to blend into the black substrate for sure.

The next tank that I will be doing here soon is going to have a dark brown substrate, not play sand and not black sand, but right in between.

-FHM

i have mixed black sand and white or golden sand before and quite liked the effects

problem is if you dont like you cant really seperate them

This one of my 5 gal betta tanks containing black sand.

202-1.jpg

I’d try to get sand that was actually black and not just died/coloured black.
I bought some "black sand" for my tanks about a year ago, when washing it the water kept turning black. Took a lot of washing until it stopped colouring the water. Ended up with a mix of white to grey and black sand particles instead of a uniform coloured sand.
I am happy with the result though, an overall dark coloured substrate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back