Tankmates Recommended For A 10g Tank?

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
Wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction? I know I have seen a thread on here somewhere with a list of suggestions for a smaller tank, but i've been searching & cannot find it, any ideas please?

Am setting up a 10g tank for my daughter & she has soooooo many ideas (takes after her mum lol) & if I could find this list it will give her something to research whilst waiting to go shopping at the weekend.
 
i keep 3 khuli loache in a 60 litre... which is about 11 gallons.... so i suppose you could get them
small livebearers like guppies are brilliant for tanks this size and honey gouramis are good tankmates and stay small

so my list of ideas is

guppies
honey gouramis
khuli loaches (not sure tho)
pygmy cories
black phantom tetras
smaller barbs

bit confused weather you were asking someone else for ideas or to find you the thread.. there are so many small tank stocking list threads


if you asking about fish

this is what i would personaly do

pygmy cories x 10
gupies x 1 male and x3 females

hope this help but i doubt u didnt already know this
 
I think THIS is probably the guide you were thinking of.

And to add to that...
A Betta
Ember Tetras
A Dwarf Puffer

Are also possibilities
 
Thank you curiosity, thats the one I was looking for. All recommendations are great though thank you matchstick man.

We had a pair of dwarf puffers in there, but they have sadly passed on to the big fish tank in the sky, which is why we are planning the new stocks, we also recently lost our male orchid crowntail betta, so I think we will avoid another of those for a while as well.
 
Oo there are also the various Apistos such as the Cockatoo Cichlid.
And Scarlet Badis if you can find them, Latin name Dario Dario.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top