Tank Update

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Confish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi just took some quick pics of my tank as it stands now but there is big plans for it. it looks bare fish wise and decor wise. first question is what type of wood is that the big piece?
also im going to sell the other pieces the more common bog wood. obv fake plants and more wood will be added and a move around i want one side heavily planted and with wood while the other is more bare for swimming space.

the stocking will be

1 severum (rottie)
4/5 cupid cichlids
10 flame heart tetras ( would rummy nose work? )

also would it be ok to have less cupids and then add another peaceful cichlid same size as a cupid?
how would you have the stocking?

Also 2 pics of my jewel and convict who need new homes ;)
DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

Im loving the convict but its a big no no as much as i want him lol

Looks really nice. I loved my big male convicts.

lol he needs to go free is need be ive had convict since i started i grew this one form fry. you know you want him both of you. any idea what the wood is called as im finding it hard to find any to match as i love it the small piece is off the big piece. i did have it like this before but i like it standing up adds height what would you guys do ?
DSC_0004-2.jpg

can anyone help me out? much appreciated

looks like mopani wood to me . i think it looks fantastic stood up . makes a really nice centrepiece

ye thats what i thought but its not as contrasting as common mopani wood its the same style but not so light and dark :S what you think about stocking?

the rotkeil sounds good , cant comment about the cupid cichlids as its not a species ive come across

would rummy nose tetras be too small for a rotkeil? as i love the look of them over any other dithers? also what plants would work would fake be the best root? anygood makes if so

rummynose may be ok . but id say borderline. deeper bodied tetras like black widows would be safer . plus rummys are notoriously delicate and weak. i had tiger barbs with my sevs and they worked brilliantly . just make sure they are in a decent sized group , say around 10 .

if your having a sev , then silk plants is the way to go as sevs will eat real ones

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back