Tank safe wood?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I agree, you are very lucky to have a place like that to get driftwood. Do you have any in your tanks so we can see how good it looks?

They did that up in the NE of England late 60s early 70s. A few little villages sacrificed for a reservoir. Kielder it’s called. During dry summers the church steeple can/could sometimes be seen peeping above the water line. Caused a lot of arguments at the time. @essjay will remember it.

Actually, I don't remember it. We only moved here from south Lancashire in 1991, long after Kielder was built. From what I have read, the main purpose was to supply demand for the industry in the area.

But we do appreciate it. We have never had even a hosepipe ban in the 30 years we've lived here. Other water companies may have called it a white elephant when it was built, but Northumbrian Water has had the last laugh :)

I agree, you are very lucky to have a place like that to get driftwood. Do you have any in your tanks so we can see how good it looks?
Here is a latest picture of my aquarium, I have eight pieces of driftwood in my tank, but you can't really see them all for the plants. Look to the left side and you can see a tall piece covered by Amazon Sword and Temple Plants. Some pieces are hidden behind others and plants.

While I thought about trying to aquascape this being my first time it all kinda got jumbled up and just put together. A piece of driftwood set in the back forms and arc way.

55 gallon Tank 10-26-20.jpg

Actually, I don't remember it. We only moved here from south Lancashire in 1991, long after Kielder was built. From what I have read, the main purpose was to supply demand for the industry in the area.

But we do appreciate it. We have never had even a hosepipe ban in the 30 years we've lived here. Other water companies may have called it a white elephant when it was built, but Northumbrian Water has had the last laugh :)
Oh. I thought you were born n bred up there. Apologies for assuming. Tell you what......I’ll make another: Chemistry degree + Teeside + South Lancs(knutsford/Alderney edge area?) = ICI.
I worked on the Enron Power Station at Wilton in 91-92 used to go down Redcar beach for our dinner. Never been off the A19 since.

That's my husband, PhD chemist - worked for ICI in Runcorn, then Blackley (near Manchester) then Wilton which is why we moved to Teesside. He took voluntary redundancy in 2000, well before ICI went under. [Knutsford/Alderley Edge are in Cheshire ;) ]
I was pregnant when we moved to Runcorn and I've been a housewife home make ever since.

After he left ICI, my husband worked for Redcar & Cleveland Council, and moved offices several times - he spent several years based in Redcar.

Most reactions

trending

Back