Tank Remodel Idea

nmcturner

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Metro Detroit
So i have had only 2 gouramis in my 29 gallon for a while now and want to spice things up.

I currently have beige sand but am going to replace that with black sand. I also have a black background.

My fish plan is to keep the 2 Opaline Gouramis and add:
20 neons
6 blind cave
and 6-8 upside down cats.

I also want to add a lot of plants. Not sure if I will go with real or artificial plants.

Any suggestions on stocking, etc.. would be appreciated.

thanks
Nick
 
How long has the tank been running and what are the water stats?



Looking at your list, that seems way too much IMO.

Six Upside-Down Cats alone will take up nearly half of your available 110cm length.



If you cut down on the Neons, to 10, you should be fine.
 
Hi nmcturner :)

I'm especially interested to see that you are going to get blind cave tetras. I've had a pair in one of my tanks for a number of years and find them to be very cool fish. You'll like them a lot!
 
How long has the tank been running and what are the water stats?



Looking at your list, that seems way too much IMO.

Six Upside-Down Cats alone will take up nearly half of your available 110cm length.



If you cut down on the Neons, to 10, you should be fine.

Tank has been up for almost 3 years.

I think I would rather cut out the UD cats alltogether and stick with the 20 neons. I think that would look great with the all black theme.

would that work?
 
I had some Blind Caves but had to give them away to my cousin, they are just mental!! They are always flying around the tank like there's no tomorrow and were just way to crazy for m liking.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top