Tank questions, getting planted tank set up, etc

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

carligraceee

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello!

I will be upgrading sometime in the near future to a 36g TopFin aquarium that will sit on a stand. I have a couple questions!

How much could I sell a 11.5g tank for? It would include all filters, filter media, and heater! I was thinking 70USD?

I want to purchase a black moor goldfish, if I buy this tank before my mollies and platys pass away, will black moor goldfish do well with them? I also want to grab a bristlenose pleco!

How do I start a planted aquarium that will need medium-low hassle? I would love a carpet, some plants that grow out of driftwood, floating plants, anything that grows freely that won't need a lot of hassle.

How do you grow a carpet? I have seen them everywhere and they look very difficult to grow. Is there articles that you guys recommend? Brands?

How long would I have to cycle this tank? I was thinking anywhere from 1-2 months with proper care.

Thats all for now! Thank you!

if you have a goldfish, yuo cant keep non carp species in the tank, bristlenose is fine i think, i dont think your livebearers will pass away, only add more LOL

if you have a goldfish, yuo cant keep non carp species in the tank, bristlenose is fine i think, i dont think your livebearers will pass away, only add more LOL
Non carp species? What are those? I assume my livebearers are non carp?

I was thinking the goldy might eat them but I was unsure...

Non carp species? What are those? I assume my livebearers are non carp?

I was thinking the goldy might eat them but I was unsure...
nah, basically goldfish cant live with other fish other than goldfish.. they are dirty and give off some sorta harmful chemical :(
other than that yeah it will eat

nah, basically goldfish cant live with other fish other than goldfish.. they are dirty and give off some sorta harmful chemical :(
other than that yeah it will eat
Ahhh I see.
That is a bummer! I will have to discuss this with my mom- I might have to stick with livebearers in the big tank or sell my livebearers with the tank???

This is always tough haha.

Ahhh I see.
That is a bummer! I will have to discuss this with my mom- I might have to stick with livebearers in the big tank or sell my livebearers with the tank???

This is always tough haha.
i reccomend a bigger tank with godlfish tho... from what i heard( i dont know much) they like to be in group
with a 36 id maybe do a group of cories and a small 3-4 group of guppies

Stay away from goldfish, unless you want a 36G tank with 1 fish.

Good luck selling the 11.5g(?) tank, tanks that small are hard to resell...I'd keep it and use it as a QT tank or a nano tank.

Stay away from goldfish, unless you want a 36G tank with 1 fish.

Good luck selling the 11.5g(?) tank, tanks that small are hard to resell...I'd keep it and use it as a QT tank or a nano tank.
Okay haha thank you you guys.

I think I will discuss with my mom since I will be the one paying for it (I am saving for a car AND this tank that is why i wanted to try and sell).

If I were to attempt to sell, where would be the best place to do so?

I think I will discuss with my mom since I will be the one paying for it (I am saving for a car AND this tank that is why i wanted to try and sell).

Fish group on Flakebook.

cragslist or give to family or friends

Do you mean Facebook?

Is Craigslist trustworthy?
If you go through Craigslist, I would recommend meeting in a public place, such as outside a grocery store or in the parking lot of your LFS. Craigslist is just a place to list items for sale, what is trustworthy or not is the people using it. If you demand to meet in a public place it is safe, the worst you can get is someone not show up I think. Don’t take a check, say cash only

If you go through Craigslist, I would recommend meeting in a public place, such as outside a grocery store or in the parking lot of your LFS. Craigslist is just a place to list items for sale, what is trustworthy or not is the people using it. If you demand to meet in a public place it is safe, the worst you can get is someone not show up I think. Don’t take a check, say cash only
Okay, thank you! You guys are always so helpful :)

Okay, thank you! You guys are always so helpful :)
No problem! If it makes you feel any better, my sister and I have sold several of our baby bunnies through Craigslist (when they were the right age to rehome) and all our experiences have been great!

No problem! If it makes you feel any better, my sister and I have sold several of our baby bunnies through Craigslist (when they were the right age to rehome) and all our experiences have been great!
Okay, that does make me feel better.

I will have to discuss with my momma when the time comes haha.

Does anyone have any answers to my other questions? Planted tank, etc?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back