Tank Mates

Lulu09

New Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ok so I have been studying fish for 5 years now but I am wanting to double check can a needle fish, leaf fish, black ghost knife fish, and angel fish go together. IF not can you explain why they cant because in doing all my research I have found that they can live together.
 
Sheesh, 5 years is a long while to study fish without any fish. With fish you are more of a water keeper than a fish keeper.

Needle Fish: is marine (and grows big) therefore not suitable for freshwater (unless you / I mean something else) (1st reason why not)
Leaf Fish: depending on which leaf fish you mean can be an aggressive carnivore hunter not really suitable as a first fish or with other fish though could be kept in very large tank with others (2nd reason why not)
Black ghost knife fish: Grows huge, is aggressive and really only for a specialist with a large tank. (3rd reason why not)
Angel Fish: Nice when small but grows in length and height and will need a big tank as it ages (preferably not with above fish) (4th reason why not)

It seems that your 5 years of study have taught you how to ask questions on a forum at least.

How big is the tank you are planning to have all these expensive casualties and large water changes in then?
 
I actually have 5 tanks. 30g,56g, two 75's one empty and one 300 gallon with fw stingrays. I was planing on housing these fish in a 75 gallon together and i am talking about a fresh water needle fish they eat small fish(Guppies) and grow between 8 to 16 inches. The leaf fish is spotted like a leapord its name i believe is Monocirrhus polyacanthus.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top