Tank Levels

justjon

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
666
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So I got my first API Master Test Kit today, and did the tets on my 80L with the following results;

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40
pH 8.0
F/W pH 7.6

Are all of these ok? It says the ranges in the books but I thought i'd ask all your opinions!

I put my two Gourami in yesterday, AMAZING looking fish, only thing i've noticed is the two mollys are hiding a lot now! Although i've seen no aggression.
 
That looks good...I like to keep nitrates below 20ppm with water changes, but that 's a personal opinion.
 
That looks good...I like to keep nitrates below 20ppm with water changes, but that 's a personal opinion.

I did put two big live plants in the tank to try and reduce, but no such luck :/ no idea what else I can try, I put treatments in the tap water before putting into the tank.
 
Sometimes there is a lot of nitratesa in the tap water. If that is the case, just keep the nitrates from going up by more than 20 ppm and all will be well.
 
My nitrates come out of tap at 40ppm, but i dont do anything to reduce it simply cos my fish will be so use to it now that i dont see the point in changing the water they are use to.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top