Tank Leakage?

electric yellow

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
805
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Eastern Victoria, Australia
I think one of my tanks has sprung a leak....from somewhere. I have checked all the sides and they are bone dry. Is there a way of investigating the bottom, short of emptying it and lifting it up? It currently houses one male VT betta, two panda corys and two bristol nose plecs. I did a water change last week and noticed a bit of water on the bench yesterday so mopped it up. But there was more there today. I didnt think my last water change was that messy that it got underneathe it.
 
check round cable's from fliter and heater to see if drips are running down cable and forming a puddle,

depending on what tank, some with the hinged hood's often accumilate condenstation to rear of lid, when you lift lid the build up run's straight down the back of the tank, over a while thus form's a puddle

ps......get some gaffa tape<masking tape or sellotape.......run a peice along the water level and see if it drops over a period of time.....my money at presents on condansation dripping from somewhere....

my sisters tank it actually drips straight down from the hood and gathers under her tank, we sat tank on a towel, this was a rekford...it has always done it
 
I have a small tank with a cheap cartridge type filter that hangs inside the back of the tank. If I let it get more plugged than usual, the level in the filter gets up high enough inside to have the water touch the bottom of the hood. When it does that, the water runs along the under side of the hood surface and runs down outside the tank. It had me completely baffled the first time it happened.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top