Tank is home!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I will, all Iā€™ve done is cleaned out the tank so far so doesnā€™t look too different yet. Ha ha. Pictures inc this weekend and next week. Saturday window tint gets here and Iā€™ll do that first on the tank. Easier to move and put on an empty tank.

Yes, definitely. It is much easier to put a background on a tank, when it is empty, good luck! ;)

95004B1F-0604-458C-9AB2-2E9A297DC86B.jpeg Little update... cleaned sand, setup filter, and put in digital thermometer and heater. Little cloudy but thatā€™s expected considering I just put all the water in and sand was disturbed. Soaking some driftwood I picked up from lfs and will put those in in a few days along with the plants.

Sweeeeettttt!!! :D

That is a pretty nice LED bar you got there, how many watts is it?

Also, are you using play sand as a substrate? :)

E26FF9A2-DA43-4710-AF03-D7DB165E28FC.jpeg CDBF22F1-8FD0-4FA9-9936-989C9067C9B7.jpeg
I am using play sand. The led bar I got free with the tank. Itā€™s a vivagrow 48ā€ led. I also got a free sunsun 304b canister filter but it needs some parts - Iā€™ll eventually set that up to filter the tank.

I have pretty much no experience with with canister filters, is that a good one? And btw, that is a good LED light! ;)

Not sure about the filter. I see mixed reviews on Amazon, but I plan to test it out. Ha ha. The light is really nice. The settings on remote are pretty amazing to mess with. Cloudy day and thunderstorm are cool to watch. Not sure how my fish will feel about some of these setting but naturally weather changes out in the wild which means changing light levels so idk they might like it. /shrug

Last edited:
I hear that fish do like the different lights! But I donā€™t know..... :dunno:

Not sure about the filter. I see mixed reviews on Amazon, but I plan to test it out. Ha ha. The light is really nice. The settings on remote are pretty amazing to mess with. Cloudy day and thunderstorm are cool to watch. Not sure how my fish will feel about some of these setting but naturally weather changes out in the wild which means changing light levels so idk they might like it. /shrug
I know nothing about canister filters either but I do know that the Sunsun is suppose to be a good one.

Thatā€™s good to hear! Hopefully it works. I havenā€™t done anything with it since itā€™s missing so many parts.

F99B70B8-1A1C-428A-AEF0-8E356890BD1B.jpeg Plants and some driftwood in. Have another piece of driftwood I will move in when Iā€™m ready to move my BN pleco in and my Corys. Some of the plants are still showing a little melt waiting to make sure they do alright since I transferred them into this tank. Can barely reach the sand standing on a chair with my shoulder submerged so some of the roots arenā€™t completely under, ordered a step ladder for future tank rearranging.

Do t you just love tank, that even to put a tiny plant in, you have to get your armpits wet? :lol:

But seriously, cool tank! ;)

I donā€™t see a heater, is it still on itā€™s way? :)

Looks like your off to a great start.

Any ideas to stock it?

I paint the back of my tanks black.....this time around I put a clear film over it to stop it from being scratched or exposed to water. Time will tell if that was a good idea or not.

I always put my heater near a filter inlet. I feel like the temperature gets circulated better that way.

Ha ha. Itā€™s way worse than just a wet arm like with my 40 gallon. This is like arm, shoulder, and part of neck. I had the tank half full when I was putting plants in but after filling it back up I of course decided I wanted to move one plant. The heater is on the right side corner. Digital thermometer is on left side just to check temperature on opposite ends.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back