The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Kritastrophe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
995094EF-EFBE-44A2-8FEB-B1827657CAA2.jpeg
D425F5A2-140D-4865-B879-73E7B337910F.jpeg
Picked up my new tank addition a few hours ago. Looked bigger than a 65 to me. Measurements put it at 72.73 gallons. Came with hangover filter and an external in the cabinet which I need to look up more information on. It didnā€™t come with any tubing and it appears to be uv. Vivagrow light up top with remote. Tested it out light and hanging filter, both work. Tank needs to be cleaned and tested for leaks but for the price canā€™t really complain. Tomorrow I pick up sand. Thinking I should have ordered more plants. Probably should get hinge glass top lids to prevent escapees. Anybody prefer a brand for lids? Also in the market for a heater if anyone has preferences?

Cool tank!!! You should get that baby scaped, cycled, and ready for the next, next TOTM contest! (I say that, because you probably wonā€™t have it ready by next week! ;))

I donā€™t know any lids, but you can make your own, out acrylic. :)

Link to DIY lid: https://animals.mom.me/build-lid-aquarium-11734.html

Heater: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFSGTNL/?tag=ff0d01-20

Iā€™m not that good with heaters, but this one will work, you can choose nay you like, as long as the water to watts ratio is 3-5 per gallon. :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yea itā€™s going to take me a while. Really excited though. Iā€™ll check out that heater for sure and the diy lids, thanks! Also trying to decide on a background and I need to get some replacement parts for the hw 304b it came with.

You mean like a background that you stick the the back of the tank? :)

If the what a plant background, then the can buy one. If you want a ā€œfrostedā€ background, then just use frosted window tint, itā€™s very easy to use, and ā€œThe King Of DIYā€ has a YouTube video on how to install one! ;)

I was looking at both original rock background, and the kind you stick to the outside of your aquarium, but frosted sounds like it would look amazing and be cheaper than original rock/less work. Iā€™ve used window tint before, not on aquariums - pretty easy to use and would look really cool imo. I love that idea!

It does work super well, not only does it look cool, but it is useful to hide cords!

On my tanks, I use a black garbage bag. Super cheap, and effective! ;)

image.jpg

Love it, Iā€™ve always just done black backgrounds on my tanks. Garbage bag is genius. Picking up some items for the tank today and have some items supposed to arrive today via mail, like plants, will have to be in my quarantine tank until Iā€™m ready to start filling.

Sweet! Keep me posted! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! :thanks:

I have a piece of driftwood, it kind of looks like a tree trunk! I just havenā€™t put it in yet, I canā€™t decide where I want it! :lol:

I have black backgrounds on my 3 tanks. I rolled on black latex paint on one tank and the other two I just taped on black construction paper. A black background makes the fish and plants really stand out. A black garbage bag would work fine too.

I donā€™t really like the paint, because if you want to change backgrounds, the you have scrape off all of the paint. (IMO) ;)

Got 100 lbs of sand waiting to be washed... Decided to do window tint as the background. Heater will be here next week and thatā€™s when Iā€™ll start putting substrate, decor, water, etc in.

Got 100 lbs of sand waiting to be washed... Decided to do window tint as the background. Heater will be here next week and thatā€™s when Iā€™ll start putting substrate, decor, water, etc in.
Thatā€™s the fun part!

Yes! Make sure to keep us posted! Pictures, pictures, pictures! :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back