Tank "furniture" arranging

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Lately my cichlids have been a bit quarrelsome so I thought I would rearrange their "furniture" to make more hidey holes and whatnot. :fun: I have just spent the last 90 minutes doing just that, and having a good clean out of the tank. My fish obviously don't like their new arrangements coz as soon as I finished, they started. The auloncaras are now in the process of shoving and pushing everything back where it was, picking up bits of gravel and throwing them elsewhere and generally ruining all my hard work :rolleyes: Ah well, at least they haven't got the time now to argue amongst themselves :nod:

rearranement is good when trying to distract fish from each other or from a new tankmate. i have found like you said that they usually occupy their time tryin to get things back to where they were. one bad thing i found especially with the mbuna is that after rearranging you have disturbed their territories and they get more quarrelsome establishing new ones. if you want to give them more hiding spots my suggestion is to add to the tank.

maggie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back