Tank Dividers.. Could I Divide It A Different Way?

one_eyed_wonder

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Surrey UK
so im thinking about dividing one of my tanks, am i right in thinking that tank length is more inportant to fish than height? if so could i not divide the horizontaly or diagonaly or am i missing something
 
Generally, they are divided in the middle from front to back. Dividing length wise would make the sections too shallow from front to back. Diagonally might work but the ends would be pretty unusable for the fish as there would be little room for them to swim in the pointy corner.
 
Actually I had never thought of spliting a tank Diagonally.

Obviously it would require the most amount of divider I guess it depends if you are making it or not. But it would produce an efect Similar to one of the corner units I guees, though as ststed it would be more pointed.

I guess it also depends on what you are planning to keep in there.

If the points prove a problem maybe you could square of the last couple of inches.

StatMan
 
I guess you could divide it something similar to this:

DividedTank.jpg


But as mentioned by StatMan, it would depend on they fish you plan to keep as you would really have to consider the tank depth as the median amount. So if the tank were 20" deep, you would have to base fish on 10" as a max.
 
Now Rdd you have something there, and a diagram!!

I am thinking that at some point I might come up with a reason to split a tank that way.

Only other issue might be if you have flaps for feeding it might be hard to get food to the back segment depending on the lid configuration.

StatMan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top