Tank builder, new here...don't be a square be a cylinder

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Isis Aquariums

Reaction score
Happy New Year all!! I'm new to the forum, new as a sponsor...I build cylindrical aquariums. One of my favorite things in the world is seeing people create unique underwater worlds inside my creations :)

Looking forward to getting to know some new folks on here. -Dave

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Hi

Please give more detail, Like price?
What is it made of?
Some dinensions
Any warranty on faulty material and workmanship.
What sort of filtration will we need?

Hi

Please give more detail, Like price?
What is it made of?
Some dinensions
Any warranty on faulty material and workmanship.
What sort of filtration will we need?

Sure, the tank is 25 gal, 31 inches wide/long and 16 inches in diameter and made of high quality acrylic. The 'feet' are made of pine. The only real difference equipment-wise is that I recommend using a submersible filter (or canister filter) since the opening at the top is narrower than a square tank, and a lamp which will fit the size of the opening as well. I currently sell the aquariums through eBay (link below) and I have many more details on the page as far as equipment, price, etc. As far as warranty, I ask people to inspect the tank when it arrives to make sure it meets their expectations, if not it can be returned. The acrylic used is high quality, will not yellow, will last for years and years...

https://tinyurl.com/yaoosd6u

s-l500.jpg

$630 AUD is a lot of money

It's a unique tank, built to last, right here in Los Angeles CA. Yes it will cost more than something you order from amazon.

It's a unique tank, built to last, right here in Los Angeles CA. Yes it will cost more than something you order from amazon.
I agree,

I was a perspex fabricator till I was 30,

What PAR does the light give off if the tank comes with one.

Hello, to be honest I don't know a ton about aquarium lighting, I know that PAR is a measure of light intensity? but I don't know much beyond that. Hopefully the following helps:

The cylindrical aquarium can in theory accommodate any lamp that fits the 31"x6" top. The following two types fit nicely, one is T5 the other LED:

LAMP ONE: ZOO MED AQUASUN 30" hood, which uses two T5 fluorescent tubes (a variety to choose from depending on your application.
Search: Aquasun T5-HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hoods

LAMP TWO: LED CHOICE ZETLIGHT A slim, low profile metal LED lamp, very bright, also comes in different varieties to support different types of life in the aquarium.
Search: Zetlight ZP-4000-742 Plant Waterproof Aquarium LED Light, 30-35"

I've seen ads for your aquarium all over the place! A bit expensive though..

If I had the money I would most certainly get one.But being 14 with no job but selling guppies does not do to much except 10$ every two weeks.

Actually, after further research, I am interested in purchasing one..One downside is, I do a lot of DIY stuff, like the cheapskate that I am, and I could find that hard in a cylindrical form factor. So, ya know, I am inclined to bookmark it, and I'll possibly take a look in the future.

Regards, Hyr. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back