Talk Me Out Of Getting Another Tank!

OscarWilde

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
512
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
I've seen a a Juwel Rio 180 with an extra canister filter on eBay. I was thinking that I could replace the 25G Cube (below) at the end of my bed:

It would mean that the fish tank is right at the end of my Bed nearly all the way across.

Also I'm on the 1st floor of some flats (new), is it likely to fall through the floor? What would you say is a good price to pay?

Im sure it will look spectacular but I'm trying to save for a holiday! Talk me out of it! :hyper:

8aLMM86q5T8GhA9yoDcJtiQfae3PuQci.jpg
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oscar, if you buy that tank I will personally come to your house and show you my home movies while we listen to all FIVE volumes of the Harmonicats!
 
Oscar, if you buy that tank I will personally come to your house and show you my home movies while we listen to all FIVE volumes of the Harmonicats!

Go for it mate, You only live once and with all the extra space you could do wonders with that, it will definatley brighten up your room which will will brighten your mood for the rest of the day!!!.......TBH just buy it :P its a long term investment
 
Why on earth would you want talked out of it? I always try to get the missus to talk me into getting another tank, but she's never up for it. I'll keep trying. :lol:

With regard to falling through the floor, no chance. You're really talking about 600 - 700 litres + before you need to start worrying about that.

Post some pics up when you get the new tank set up?

Cheers :good:

BTT
 
Good job guys. :lol:

I've talked in over with my flatmate and convinced myself it's a good idea!

Will have to get rid of my 25G though but thats life!

What do you reckon is a fair price?

Sure I will post some pics.
 
Thank you Sigmund Freud for Rationalization...with it you can convince yourself of anything! :P

Seriously though you can never have too many tanks. Can't wait to see pics. Do you have any stock ideas in mind?
 
i was slightly addicted after we got our 30 gal, then we got a 60 gal and now i'm totally addicted. i'm not sure i could survive without them. so 2 thumbs up from me. can't wait to see pics.
 
Thank you Sigmund Freud for Rationalization...with it you can convince yourself of anything! :P

Seriously though you can never have too many tanks. Can't wait to see pics. Do you have any stock ideas in mind?

Need to win it first! :lol: Going to put a massive bid in at the last minute though. Love the Juwel tanks.

Havn't thought about stocking yet. I'm not going for an Oscar though (despite my username), really enjoying my community fish at the moment. Maybe some larger peacful Cichlids and some smaller shoaling fish.

Open to suggestions. Planning a tank is almost as much fun as having it!

Also, the seller says he has been using it for Marine. Will I need to treat the filters in any way before I can start cycling?
 
Are you mad? What are you doing on a forum like this if you don't know the answer to that? You NEED that extra tank, and you only have one life! Throw out that old sofa, lose that silly little table, divorce the wife, put the children into care - you know it makes sense. Just think how wonderful it will feel as you set up that new tank..! Go on, you know you want to do it. :good:
 
Are you mad? What are you doing on a forum like this if you don't know the answer to that? You NEED that extra tank, and you only have one life! Throw out that old sofa, lose that silly little table, divorce the wife, put the children into care - you know it makes sense. Just think how wonderful it will feel as you set up that new tank..! Go on, you know you want to do it. :good:

:lol:
 
GUTTED!

The idiot seller listed with the wrong location. He's in Leeds not the Toon! :angry:

Well then, on the look out for a Rio 180 or similar if anyone knows anyone?
 
now you will definatly need to get another one to recover from the disapointment lol


Are you mad? What are you doing on a forum like this if you don't know the answer to that? You NEED that extra tank, and you only have one life! Throw out that old sofa, lose that silly little table, divorce the wife, put the children into care - you know it makes sense. Just think how wonderful it will feel as you set up that new tank..! Go on, you know you want to do it. :good:

:lol:


lol, hes right tho
 
now you will definatly need to get another one to recover from the disapointment lol

So I have!

Got a tank arriving tonight:

50 US Gallons
Fluval 2 + filter.
Black hood with a Tri Plus Light and a Spare.
Under gravel filter.
2 X Heater.
Airpump.
Beech cabinet
Substrate
Siphon/Nets
Bucket
Bogwood
Test kits

Delivered to my door for £100, can't complain.

I've never had an undergravel filter. What are other peoples expeirence with them? I have heard they can get blocked easily.

Cheers.
 
Undergravel filters are considered a bit old fashioned these days, but I still like them (being a bit old fashioned myself). Not instead of, but in addition to, a good internal or external filter.
Drawbacks – Plants do not always grow too well over it, but get one smaller than the floor of the tank and place it middle front, with deeper gravel to the back and sides for the plants.
Advantages – You can never have too much filtration.
It takes up much less tank space than any other type of filter.
It is not unsightly, especially once you have some Java moss growing up the uplift shaft.
And a few months down the line, if you stick a siphon tube down the shaft, you can suck out a whole load of muck – which shows that it is doing its job...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top