Taking in unwanted fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
As far as tank mates go, when it comes down to just one 3 Spot Gourami what are my options?

As far as tank mates go, when it comes down to just one 3 Spot Gourami what are my options?

You may be able to get away with neons in reasonably neutral maybe slightly hard tap water, they're a bit iffy when it comes to parameters sometimes. Most community fish will work with 3 spots depending on gender and shoal size

Depends, if its a female it'll be very shy and skittish when alone, hopefully, won't withdraw. If a male it would chase everything in the tank.
Maybe just the three spot and a bn pleco then? The two gourami stick to each other and the loach follows them around like a puppy dog. I guess being in a 10 gallon tank for who knows how long got them used to one another.

Maybe just the three spot and a bn pleco then? The two gourami stick to each other and the loach follows them around like a puppy dog. I guess being in a 10 gallon tank for who knows how long got them used to one another.
Then I can keep the neons in there. Good. I hate shuffling fish around. Stresses both me and the fish.

In a 29g I would assume they get a bit more territorial. My female in a temporary setup is in along with a horde of BN. She only chases them when they're on the glass lol.

I found a store in the next city over willing to rehome the two gourami and the yoyo loach. It is a small shop, and they seem to know what they are doing. I have faith the fish are in good hands.
Oh good! I'm glad you found someone you trust :)

Oh good! I'm glad you found someone you trust :)
It took some time. Several people contacted me about the fish, but most of them had tanks that are too small. The one person with a larger tank didn't respond when I asked what a good time for them to take the fish was.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back