T-bar cichlids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Iv been looking at ordering a fish for Xmas and itā€™s between red spotted severum or t-bar cichlids, and Iā€™m leaning towards the t-bar but it would mean introducing a Central American to an all South American tank , off a bit of research Iā€™m sure it would be an ok match , what you guys think ? Would be going in a 5ft 500l with 3 electric blue acara, 4 geophagus 8 Colombian tetra 10 corys and a sailfin pleco

Iv been looking at ordering a fish for Xmas and itā€™s between red spotted severum or t-bar cichlids, and Iā€™m leaning towards the t-bar but it would mean introducing a Central American to an all South American tank , off a bit of research Iā€™m sure it would be an ok match , what you guys think ? Would be going in a 5ft 500l with 3 electric blue acara, 4 geophagus 8 Colombian tetra 10 corys and a sailfin pleco
I'd advise to stick to a severum, cichlids like to be around other cichlids from their area because they understand their body language and the fish are less likely to get beat up.

T-bars are cool tho hehe

Compatibility will be just fine either or. It's really up to you.

My vote would go to red severum as it is one of my favorite fish. The t bar is a very under rated fish. Not too aggressive....not too big.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back