Swordtail problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks for the support.. a guide om this treatment would be most helpful from you. There was no english instructions so i used nt labs websìte
My tanks 240l so ive allowed for 4 ml 1 per 50 ls to allow displacement. Im getting a bucket of water ready to a water change tomorrow and do 1 each day for a week until i add next dose.
I have a fluval provac powered cleaner and got new pads it does a great job

I don't think you'll need daily changes unless your ammonia/Nitrite are above zero. Do one 75% change tomorrow once at least 24 hrs has passed. Put dirty tank water in bucket, put your filter in and take sponges out and give gently swish in dirty water. Out filter back together and put it back in tank once as you add new conditioned water. And repeat water changes 24hrs after each dose.

Well id like to thank everyone already. When i 1st posted in another thread i got alot of critisism which hurt abit as i was trying to do the right thing and seek help.
Anyway good sign i think. One of My black mollys was being abit lethargic last night this mornin swimming about and has a white string coming out thats not his normal poop

Well id like to thank everyone already. When i 1st posted in another thread i got alot of critisism which hurt abit as i was trying to do the right thing and seek help.
Anyway good sign i think. One of My black mollys was being abit lethargic last night this mornin swimming about and has a white string coming out thats not his normal poop
White usually means worms. After the wormer my Platies pooped lots abd within 24hrs the poop went a normal dark brown colour. You're doing the right thing. Have patience and within a month the worming will be complete. Sorry about the fish you lost bit you're now taking steps to save your other fish. They'll get works and ich and other common issues but spending time watching your fish daily will help you spot issues early. And this forum will help you to learn what ti look out for, how to help.

Sit for hours at night watching them. They are in the dining room
Ive just been watching the loaches eating snails
Prepping for a water change tonight so that should remove some of them worms and will look at dosing for another 2 weeks to make sure its gone.
Mrs made me catch one of the fry that are loose in the tank. Its bigger than the fry ive got you were right they are randy

:rofl: I spend ages in the evening staring at my tank. Also in kitchen/dining area so my husband is delighted I've volunteered for after dinner clean up :rofl: the fry grow quickly & I actually really like mine with their huge cartoon character eyes!

Yeah mine hide around the logs too. As they get bigger they'll explore more. My guys were born into a tank of a crashed cycle so lots of ammonia, then ich, almost 2 weeks of ICH high temp treatment but a 36hr power cut that plummeted the tank temp, more ammonia, more ich, another just over 2 weeks of high temp, now worm treatment. Let's just say they are hardy :fish: :rofl:

And I had a baptism by fire.
Edit: typo

Last edited:
I think the treatment might be taking its toll on one of my black mollies im just observing him at the moment sitting at the bottom.. has moved about and come upto the top.
Just done the gravel clean. Weird though i think they have allocated a toilet area because the most crap was by the mossballs upfront.

Water change being done in a min and will go over gravel again

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back