Swordtail problem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yea the strips were showing the readings not the nt labs kit.
I shook the bottle very well. Infact counted to 30.
Its not a heavily planted. Six plants and 2 moss balls. Im going to get more to go along the back but going to let treatment finish 1st.

Good news.. looks like the meds are working. Of the couple of fish i saw with the worms im only seeing one.
Doing daily changes due to re dose again thursday night and another good gravel clean saturday.
Thanks for your help again guys

That sounds pretty good, keep doing the dosages and water changes until you're certain all has been successful, a lot of work but worth it.

Keep up the good work.

Hi guys.
2nd week of dosing with nt labs wormer tonight
Ive changed 20ls of water everyday since saturday and gave a lil gravel clean at the same time each day.
Will be doing a deep gravel clean saturday again along with cleaning the filter.

When shall i add my carbon pad back to the tank?

Ps i brought some syringes from amazon to measure doses properly.

Wait until after the treatment has finished then add a new carbon pad. After a couple of days, throw it away as it will have a lot of med in it. Then replace it with plain sponge as you don't need to use carbon full time.

So after doing all 4 doses??
Sorry i was thinking after each one to remove meds for next dose.

I would only use carbon once you've finished using the NT Labs med. Water changes will dilute most of it out between doses then the carbon should remove the last bit.
Don't use an old carbon pad to when you've finished treatment as it gets full and stops working. You need a new pad to remove the last of the med.

There doing great. No casualties yet not even the fry.
I put the new dose in and turned the lights off just before posting tonight.
Just looked in and there all resting, i could see the worms sticking out the dalmation so will be watching her over next few days

Mrs shouted me this mornin baby is dead
Run down the stairs no glasses on and look.

No fish is dead she failed to spot it was another baby got between the tank and breeder box.
Anyway these were born though the night as they were not in there yesterday but they bigger than my other fry already

Attachments

• 20200918_070217.jpg
    20200918_070217.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 50
Update time.

3rd week of dosing (done today)
Ive been doing 20l changes everyday as its easily managable that way for us and less stress on the fish as its less time messing.

Good news no losses of the fishes. We sadly lost a couple of fry but i say thats down to nature as never all survive.
As you know we did have a school of small fry appear, little black mollies with nice silver underside.
Ill get a pic if i can its hard to see if not in the right light.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back