Swapping media over - filter floss

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stanster59

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
New filter came today so will be taking the internal filter out and swapping media into the new cannister. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that bacteria doesn't exist in the floss so no point putting this in ??

Can anyone confirm this
Thanks

New filter came today so will be taking the internal filter out and swapping media into the new cannister. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that bacteria doesn't exist in the floss so no point putting this in ??

Can anyone confirm this
Thanks
Bacteria does exist in filter floss. I would move as much over all you can. More good media = more good bacteria

Bacteria colonizes in the filter media or filter floss. It is NOT in the water, which is what a lot of people think. So moving over your filter media is what you want to do so as not to destroy the tank’s cycle

Managed to swap over my filters today, got all of the old media I to the new one.
How long should I leave to older sponges in, would like to replace the floss as the older stuff was beginning to break up.

Managed to swap over my filters today, got all of the old media I to the new one.
How long should I leave to older sponges in, would like to replace the floss as the older stuff was beginning to break up.
You need to leave the old stuff in until it starts breaking apart.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back