[Swap] Male Bn For Female.

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
hi all, the local stores around here only sell tiny BN's. so i took a risk and bought a couple. the larger of the two has however begun to grow bristles.

i want females as i dont want the breeding so i need to get rid of my male or swap for a female.

Item/s Offered: 1x male BN
Condition: Very healthy, has a 4x2x2 to roam in.
Item/s Required: 1x Female BN
Condition: same condition to mine. wouldnt expect any less
Picture/s or Link/s to Item/s: i can provide a pic, although all the rock in the tank makes it very hard indeed. and we all know what a BN looks like!

anyone?

suppose i will have to take it back to the LFS...

then try and find a shop that sells catfish that are big enough to sex.

If it's of any use Maidenhead Aquatics at Basingstoke have medium and large BN's at a sexable size and it's not too far from you down the M3. Not cheap though, I think the largest was £18.50.

just because you have a male and female theres no certainty that they will breed, especially if you don't provide caves for them i have a pair that have been together about 3 years and never bred i think he doesn't fancy her. then i have other groups in 2 different tanks that do breed and used to breed regularly until i moved house, only had one batch of babies in the last 8 months used to have babies every 6 weeks

they will breed, trust me on this one!

they have more caves to hide in than bin laden. its a 4x2x2 malawi tank so ALOT of space and caves. (probably 30-40)

hes hassling her a bit as well.

I know someone who sells Bns at sexable sizes for £5 each but the postage would be the main cost.

I have had 3 females off him recently and all were heavy with eggs and took one look at my male and went hubba hubba :lol:

Do you want his details?

I would not think he would not swap but you could at least get some known females.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back