Sushi man!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
After a lot of panicking, posting, and research yesterday I'm happy to announce my big man Hank S. Sushi! He's a black orchid betta, and I'm on the hunt for a bigger tank for him and cycling treatments and test kits.

I did have a minor heart attack this morning because my dad turned off the furnace without telling anyone so the house was really cold, but I used my heating pad to supplement his tank heater (which was only heating about two inches around it, the rest was noticeably colder) and he seemed to really enjoy it! The house temperature is back to normal now, thank goodness.

As for his surface skimming habits, while he does spend maybe 60% of his time higher up still I've seen him go up and down a few times. No investigation of his plants or hides yet, but I think it's possible he just dislikes the filter as he hasn't been anywhere near that area specifically so far. Hopefully that can be alleviated with a bigger tank, as I bought the filter assuming it was 5 gallons. Wish me luck in providing the best care I can for him!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back