Super Mario DIY build

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Reaction score
Letā€™s get creative here. If I get enough inspiration and input, I may just have to take on this build.

I thought I was being original when I came up with the idea. If you scour the internet, you will see the idea has been done before though.

usually pretty cartoony, although not terrible looking setups, some are actually quite impressive.

hereā€™s my thoughts... what if we came up with a tank that was more natural looking, but an ode to classic Mario characters and themes. Iā€™m loving live plants, so incorporating those would be great. Gotta have the pipes, but we need to find fish-safe paints to incorporate the right colours. These could also be great spots for small plecos to hide. Maybe even turn it into a turtle tank?

perhaps we could strike a balance between providing fish with a great place to live with a aesthetic that is great to look at.

livestock health is priority #1. But I think we could collectively come up with a great looking aquarium as well.

love it. the pipe could be one of those water tubes that sticks up out of the tank, I think someone just posted some pics in the welcome new members forum of their tank having one. Though I'm not sure how you do a water change in the tube...

love it. the pipe could be one of those water tubes that sticks up out of the tank, I think someone just posted some pics in the welcome new members forum of their tank having one. Though I'm not sure how you do a water change in the tube...

I canā€™t for the life of me picture what tube youā€™re talking about, and I thought I checked as many of the those posts as I could and canā€™t find it...

but I would love to see it, anything I can take in and get the wheels in my head spinning with ideas.

These!
4E54CE7D-96FB-4FE4-8946-31849988E403.gif

I have seen tanks like this, they are pretty cool. Good luck! :good:

I have seen a couple as well, but I think my vision is to create a sort ā€œlive actionā€ version of it, keep the cartoony theme but also incorporate the real life aquatic conditions for animals to survive and thrive in.

it might be time to put pencils and pencil crayons to paper and sketching out ideas..

@Fishmanic

Great! Thanks for the input, Iā€™ve seen those tanks over the internet and wondered where they got those decorations.

3D printing is not a route I want to go, so I think the goal is to recreate a scenario like that with natural materials. Except for the pipes, that will have to be done with probably pvc or cpvc.

Iā€™ve also had the idea, based on @mcordelia ā€˜s post to possibly have pipes extending out in different directions from the tank, with clear piping. I would need to drill the tank glass, so I need to determine whether or not the glass is tempered.

research is fun.

how bout making something out of legos..you can silicone it to the bottom of the tank

LEGO is REAL expensive nowadays. Now that being said, my kids have a habit of losing it anyways, so there might not be any harm in using it to setup an aquarium, at least that way weā€™ll know where it is! Lol

LEGO is REAL expensive nowadays. Now that being said, my kids have a habit of losing it anyways, so there might not be any harm in using it to setup an aquarium, at least that way weā€™ll know where it is! Lol
Buy used Lego (plural of Lego is Lego) from bricklink they are really cheap and some of them come with bite marks :)

It's a good idea to wash second hand Lego, especially if they have bite marks :)
This is the rare lego minifigure I got for only 2 bucks, yep bought it snuck it in UV sterillizer for about 2 hours and wash it with soap.
5166EAAB-53F9-4F64-9462-9E2D84806781.png

Most reactions

trending

Back